Possible Cheating at Brainerd Jaycees Ice Fishing Extravaganza

• B-man

Dem Russians know how to fish….. )

Glad to hear all the ruckus was over nothing.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

I still want to know what they were using whistling

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

89%, 85%, whatever — when you’re smearing a man’s reputation and trying to prove that he cheated so you can re-claim his property, you better be 100% or go home.

Rather than “smearing a man’s reputation” and “trying to…re-claim his property,” another way to look at it is that the polygraph completely validated the winners and preserved the integrity of that tournament for the future. Considering it was 3 separate polygraph examinations on 3 different people and all 3 of them were found truthful? The likelihood of that result being accurate is as close to 100% as it can get.

And I doubt they have a solid case for defamation since they agreed to submit to a polygraph when they signed up for the tournament. The tournament organizers never asserted that they cheated, just reported the fact that tips they received raised questions about the results and lead them to request the polygraph to resolve it.

CaptainMusky

They should determine who the “anonymous” informant was and plaster their name all over to defame them like these honest sportsmen have been subject to. -)

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

…and doubled the publicity the event has received in the past.

More or less, everyone came out a winner.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

They should determine who the “anonymous” informant was and plaster their name all over to defame them like these honest sportsmen have been subject to. -)

“Anonymous” informants should still feel they did a good job. They had legitimate reasons why, the event obviously felt there were legitmiate as well hence the lie tests. It’s the pitchfork nation that should be ashamed of itself. Everyone likes jumping to conclusions, only need to read back on this thread to see that.

Glad everything worked out for the anglers.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Or do what other tourneys do. Put in a rule that the accuser is required to pay for the polygraph tests by putting up a minimum $500 cash deposit. If the accused is found innocent, the accuser looses the cash.

Problem solved.

-J.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Dem Russians know how to fish….. )

Glad to hear all the ruckus was over nothing.

Trump’s buddy Vladimir sent them over to teach Donald how to fish. He said he’s getting bored with golfing and wants to try something different… hah

CaptainMusky

Or do what other tourneys do. Put in a rule that the accuser is required to pay for the polygraph tests by putting up a minimum $500 cash deposit. If the accused is found innocent, the accuser looses the cash.

Problem solved.

-J.

Yep, I saw rumors floating around on FB about the “cheating” well before it was announced. The same pic with the tourney results was posted then too.
    I am VERY suspicious of their success because obviously they have something figured out, but honestly it made it more obvious because they all have the same last name. How many times are there groups of buddies that are “together” that could be having the same success but you would never know because their last names don’t match?
    I would never trust the results of a polygraph on someone’s life, but I think its fair in this case.

TripleA
    Blaine

They all passed, all this complaining for nothing apparently.

Very odd they win so often, but until they are caught or fail the poly they are innocent. This article will ensure they are watched like hawks the rest of their fishing lives.

saugeye-steve

What if they have a polygraph machine at home that they practice with all year?

Hmmm… coffee

fishingallday

They all passed, all this complaining for nothing apparently.

Very odd they win so often, but until they are caught or fail the poly they are innocent. This article will ensure they are watched like hawks the rest of their fishing lives.

Polygraphs are only 70-90% successful…..

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Probably the same odds to have a secret lure as much as all pass the lie test individually.

“Haters gonna hate” – TS

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

What if they have a polygraph machine at home that they practice with all year?

Hmmm… coffee

Are you claiming they cheated on the polygraph?

riverruns
    Inactive

I myself say they are that good at fishing these tournaments.There are people that fish other tournaments, be it ice fishing or open water fishing. They can fish small local tournaments or bigger named tournaments, and win or place well in them. Why are they not being called out as cheaters?

Someone had suspicion and it was proven through the means the JC organization felt was fair, that they did not cheat. Great job to the JC organization on the follow up and congrats too the guys that placed.

robby
    Quad Cities

When charges are filed, release the names. Until then it just hurts a persons reputation and the tourney IMHO.

Yes this. And prosecute. In NO the DNT handles these cases of cheating in tournaments and if applicable the suspects are charged with felony fraud. Open water tournaments of course. I don’t know but doubt there are any/many ice tournaments in Missouri.

Timmy

I have certain fishing partners that seemingly always clobber me on fish….. incessantly, but at the same time, I also have pals that I usually do better than in some situations….

Maybe some people, in some situations, will consistently do better than others? I have a couple friends that have repeatedly whipped me(for yrs) in certain approaches. They are not cheating,……they just excel at certain scenarios…..

Pitchfork nations seldom hit bulleyes, IMO.

fishsammich

I can be fishing in the same boat, using the same bait , with my brother in law……and he will out fish me just about every time. My wife actually does the same thing when I take her fishing. I still think they cheat.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I can be fishing in the same boat, using the same bait , with my brother in law……and he will out fish me just about every time.

Me too. How can you and I have the same brother-in-law? My BIL and I will both have a fish on, pull them up and his is an inch bigger. Or he will be catching 3 fish to every 1 fish of mine. Dang it, dang it, dang it, he is just lucky that way. He caught my sister too, so I guess I should have known how lucky his was before we started fishing together.

Viewing 19 posts - 61 through 79 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.