Portable ID

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Curious what anyone uses to put there ID on a portable when you leave it on the ice.
    I have both an Otter hub and flip over and would like to put my ID on both but I don’t want to pull out a sharpie.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

thats a tough one, not sure you want to sew anything on it. i hardly ever leave my pullover on the ice overnight but when i do its on a real small lake i dont worry about someone coming out.

i’ll be interested to see what others come up with!!!!

we have a few collaspible spearhouses….we painted our DNR number on it!!!!

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I use stick on mailbox numbers on a
    piece of corrugated pvc board.

Also need to have a license to be left on lake overnight.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I print my info in block letters on sheet of paper. Then tape the paper to the inside of a window, with the lettering facing the outside. Same with the state tag, tape it to the inside of a window.
    Don’t know if it meets the letter of the law, but it’s what I do for my portable hub that I use as my spearing shack.
    Too much snow overnight collapsed the roof. Luckly no damage.

Attachments:
    1. hub.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I print my info in block letters on sheet of paper. Then tape the paper to the inside of a window, with the lettering facing the outside. Same with the state tag, tape it to the inside of a window.
    Don’t know if it meets the letter of the law, but it’s what I do for my portable hub that I use as my spearing shack.
    Too much snow overnight collapsed the roof. Luckly no damage.

LOL – I’ve had that happen a few times doah

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Put I on laminated paper in the tag slot. Never had 1 issue

Jim Clark
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Years ago, I went to the local hobby store and bought a yellow colored “paint pen”, and simply printed name, addresss and phone number on my black portable shack…It has lasted well over the years… Today, I would only put my DNR Customer Number on any shack…

queenswake
    NULL

On Minnetonka this year, there was a portable set up on a wood platform. You could tell it had been out there all season (if not multiple seasons) based on how much it was faded. I’ve never seen someone do that before but a cheap way of getting a permanent I guess. I just wonder how long the fabric would hold up. The sun alone can do a number.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.