Alma Landing Wide Open….

• flick
    Alma WI

The city of alma is opening the landing this afternoon with the backhoe…After tonight alma will be wide open….With the warm temps the fishing will only improve…

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

A good hanful of people tha tcame into the shop today asked me if I knew if pool 5 was open yet. I’ll let anyone else that asks know pool 5 is good to go now.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Ah ha, I got you figured out now James. You are sending them all down to Alma to fish so you can:

A. Come home early and not have to watch Everts while Steve is away.
    B. Send them all to Alma so you can sleep in.
    C. Found some ”hot” fish and want to keep them all to yourself.
    D. Want to go fishing but can’t because you have to watch the store.
    E. Everts washing machine quit working and you are smelling kind of, well fishy. [pew]
    F. Sold one of Everts rental boats to pay your entry fees to fish the new IDA Walleye Tour Tournament Circuit and you don’t want to be there when Steve gets back and finds out.
    G. Want me to shut up so I don’t give all your secrets away.

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

Great news! I have to say kudos to the Alma guys because I took some heat last year when I wondered why it wasn’t cleared out sooner.

Did they also put the dock in? It is tough as nails to load/unload there with no ramp. Sometimes that must be delayed due to ice chunks?

Anyhow thank’s for getting the ramp opened up and running. Now If i could just get a weekend off…

Oh, is there really a IDA walleye tourney? If so when and where?

fireflick
    Alma WI

I put my Lund on pool 5 for the first time this year yesterday. The docks are not in yet. That will be a while…Trust me I went out for two hours and just pitched one wingdam. I found 3 walleyes yesterday 1-12″ and 2- 20″ and lost a pig. Every one that gets off is a pig There is only one side of the ramp open right now. But it is in great shape.

riverfan
    MN

After having a hard day Friday at Red Wing I decided to try Alma. The one thing Friday taught me was with tough conditions stay where you get bit. I spent a lot of time running Friday and it didn’t work. The 2 legal walleyes of the fish I caught came where I got my first bit. I went into Saturday with a stay at home attitude. I stayed with 1 wing dam most of the day and got 7 walleyes from 151/4 to 18 inches, 3 smallies from 13 to 16 inches and a sucker. All the of fish came on ring worms and 3″ Berkley power hogs. Found one wing dam that was loaded with carp. Boy, do they like ring worms. Got three in the mouth and one that I snagged. Most of them took several minutes to land. Today was tougher with 2 legal walleyes and 1 18″ smallie. Better thing are coming.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.