Alma fishing?

• dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

A buddy of mine from work is heading to Alma for the weekend with his brother and Dad. They want to target panfish and were looking for some areas to start at. They have a small flat so I dont think they plan on making any big runs. Any info or advice would be appreciated. Thank you, Dan

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Hi Dan,

My buddy went down there a few days ago and it was a mess. He said there was so much water he left after fighting it for an hour. When they get to town check in the bait shop right across form the power plant. They will get them pointed in the right direction.

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

Dan,
    Our group was up there last week and did not do very good. Caught a few nice perch and a few panfish but the current was really tough. We did catch 3 nice cat where the Zumbo meets the main channel, biggest one was 8 1/2 pounds, but the cat were the only thing we caught below the dam. The water was coming down so I would try above the dam. Put in at the marina and try Thachers and the lower end of Big Lake if you want to target panfish and perch.

Good Luck, Ironhead

thegun
    mn

find yourself a nice slow sand back eddy! on the main channel! if the water isstill high! many panfish will be there waiting for your hook! fish shallow water! if water is back down and a nice flow the wing damns will hold many many panfish this time of year!

good luck!

chubs54

They’re defiantly hitting was down yesterday 3 older gentelmen had there limits. Riecks park

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.