first time on the river this year on pool 2

• Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

Hello,
    I’m going to be heading down to the river on Tuesday for the first time this year. I’m just wondering what the water temp is, and how clear is the river right now? Thanks.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Water temps are from the upper 50’s to low 60’s. The water is clean for this time of year. Would guess you can see about a foot deep.

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

Thanks Mike!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

59.8 degrees as I type just north of Downtown.

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

Thanks Nick!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’m seeing 64.4 now Couple days sure changed things.

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

I ended up going monday morning instead of tuesday and found it to be 59 degrees. I did get a few fish off a couple different wingdams which wasn’t bad considering how windy it was. How has the warmer temp changed things for you?

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Sadly I haven’t actually been out in quite some time, been busy with some family issues that have been taking up most of my fishing time, hopefully those will lighten up in the near future, and my truck needed some work done, so I’d have to use our backup tow mobile, and it’s not my favorite, gotta get out and reaquainted with the river… truck will be fixed today!

I just have access to river temp readings, I would suspect you could find them online somewhere too, but it’s real easy for me to get a reading.

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

Whatever effect the rapid temp rise may have had, the fish are re-acclimated now. I was on the river this morning. It was fairly slow early, got one descent fish, and some short bites early, but by 11:00 a.m. got three good fish that totally inhaled a black hair jig. Going barbless saved a couple of those fish. Total of 7 eyes 17″ to 25″ off of three different wingdams. Firecracker Kalin tail got a couple fish too.

Oh yeah, water temp was 66 degrees.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

It sure was nice out this morning Jim. I fished just south of Lions Leve today and had good luck also. Managed 6 between 22 and 27″s. Pitch wing dams and trolling too my fish. Looks like we will back at it again in the morning.

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

Gotta love these kind of days Mike. Looking at the weather forecast, tomorrow is suppose to be very nice also. Have fun out there, and catch a bunch. I’m on my way to work, and won’t be able to go tomorrow.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.