lock and dam 9, Lynxville

• silverstreak
    West Union, IA

I was planning on a trip this morning and was wonderiing if the ramps are still open? thanks

Jeff Matura
    Sumner, IA

I think by the time you get an answer to this question you should have already launched and probably caught a few…

silverstreak
    West Union, IA

Can’t go yet, waiting for fishing buddy. the cold front shouldn’t be here by the time we get there(hopefully)

Jeff Matura
    Sumner, IA

Good luck! I am still waiting for my first open water fishing trip…

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Let us know how you do Mark! I have never fished P-9…

DrewH
    s/w WI.

I spoke with two guys who have fished at both lynxville and Genoa and with that said the ramps must be open. Take some sand with you the one at Geono is kinda of steep. The lynxville will simple a launch from the shore. Last year at this time there pier was not in the water. If this helps last year we started just into the 35 fow and used a controled drift using jig and minnow and found most of the fish in about 25 fow and before we reached the point or a little past the first water way coming into the river on far shore line. Good luck. Pics would be nice

silverstreak
    West Union, IA

Forgot the camera, but the ramps were in great shape and the river is wide open. There was no ice floating anywhere. Now to the fishing. It was slow for us in the morning, but about 2 oclock they started to get active and seemed to pick up speed the later it got. We caught fish in 18 – 20 feet. Was worth the trip

superdave
    NE IA

Thanks for the report. Can you still get minnows at the falling rock?

silverstreak
    West Union, IA

I am guessing that Falling Rock has fallen. The snow is not pushed in front of the bar. Looked pretty vacant.

There is a bait shop in Mcgregor, Ia called Fiddlers Bait. Thats were I stop. Its about 15 miles south of the dam. They have some tackle there and usually a little advice/humor to go with it.

superdave
    NE IA

I love stopping at fiddlers, good people. Good info to know that the rock is closed up. I hope to get out next week as soon as the wind quits.

MoreShells
    Eastman

There is also a place to get bait just north of Prairie du Chien. It’s called County K Pit Stop and is located just a bit off of Hyw 35 north of town. If going north turn left onto Cty K and the place is on the left just after the first corner. I’d say it’s about 3-4 miles north of Cabelas.

sprig
    East Central Iowa

The Pit Stop is where I usually go. Brenda is really nice and they are usually open pretty early where you can even get breakfast. It’s a small bar, restaraunt, bait/tackle and convienience store all in one – what else could you want!!

silverstreak
    West Union, IA

Where is the pit stop located? I may need to stop if it is on my way.

superdave
    NE IA

I’m pretty sure its on the road that runs past Greymore lake. Its maybe 1 mile tops off of hwy 35. If somebody finds out what time they open in the morning, could they post it?

MoreShells
    Eastman

Quote:

Where is the pit stop located? I may need to stop if it is on my way.

There is also a place to get bait just north of Prairie du Chien. It’s called County K Pit Stop and is located just a bit off of Hyw 35 north of town. If going north turn left onto Cty K and the place is on the left just after the first corner. I’d say it’s about 3-4 miles north of Cabelas.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.