Skag Repair

• walleyeboys
    Live in Rochester Mn.

Hey Guys was just wondering if anyone knew where I could get a skag repaired I didn’t break it off but bent it pretty good.

thanks in advance

Nate

DONOTDELETE

Power Tech Prop Repair, Rollingstone

507-689-2094

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

Call your local marine dealer or prop shop they either fix them or can tell you where you can get it fixed. Had one fixed a couple years ago at a prop shop in Forest Lake, did a great job. Can’t remember the name of the place, cost me $65, they had to rebuild the bottom 3 inches.

Good Luck and Good Fishin’

TBO/MN

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Marks Prop Shop in Forest Lake. He will get you in and out in a hurry.

J.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

If it is just bent to the side and not missing a lot of peices you can straighten it yourself. Get yourself two hammers, one big hammer like a small sledge and a smaller one about a normal 18 ouncer. Use the sledge on the back side of the skeg and hold it tight against it. use the smaller hammer to do the straighting. Start at the top of the skeg the thickest part where the bend starts. Try and keep the bigger sledge tight and right behind where you hit with the small hammer. Work your way down and back and forth across the skeg straightening as you go. Make sure before you move down the skeg that the part above is straight, it just makes it easier. If it`s bent straight back or really ripped this won`t work. I have straightened a bunch this way. Just takes a few minutes once you get the hang of it.

Good Luck

Tom P

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.