Red Wing Closed To Fishing???

• walleyeboys
    Live in Rochester Mn.

Hello, I keep hearing different reports. Does anyone know for sure if the dam area down to Red Wing is open or closed to boats [fishing]? Thanks, Bill

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Bill, from what I understand it is above the dam only. Dam to Red Wing is open.

But wouldn’t it be a sight tomorrow if they tried to divert all the boats headed up to the dam downstream…. A November Saturday in the 60’s…. Can you imagine?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hey Bill

Jon’s right. fishing up to the dam is OK… north of the L& D is off limits for the time being.

I was out at night here earlier this week and was running lock side when a large center console made a quick bee-line for me as I approached the lock. It was the sheriff’s rig and he literally put the light on me and asked “friend or foe!” Things have changed and there’s a lot more security in place than any of are likely to realize. Not that its a bad thing as such….. just different and a heck of a lot more serious.

James Holst

Moving Waters Guide Service

http://www.movingwaters.net

walleyeboys
    Live in Rochester Mn.

Thanks guys for the info. Its going to get alot hairer I’m afraid as time goes on. It could be a huge disaster for 100s of miles if that plant ever blew up. We need to make sure our hearts are right with the Lord in these times we live. I know, nobody wants to listen to some guy preach. But I care enough about all of yous to say what needed to be said. Eternity is too long of a time and we never know what could happen. Besides I hear all the walleyes are 10# size up there and I’d like to see all of you catching em with me someday. Take care, Thanks again for the info. Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.