Summer Memories For a Winter Day

• alkfish
    St Paul MN

On days like today, I think we all get the itch for open water again. Sometimes it isn’t the fish we catch that makes are time on the water memorable Attached is one of my fav pics I took last year while pitching jigs for bass. Everytime I see the pic I smile and look forward to be fishing open water soon, while enjoying all the cool diversions we are lucky enough to see as fisherman.

I hope you all enjoy this pic as much as I do!

~~~~~~~alkfish

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Very nice pic. I too wait for days of warmer weather.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Too soon after deer hunting!!! I’m “jones-ing”!! HELP!!

That is a GREAT pic! I’ve seen a lot of things but none as beautiful as that!

I think the “coolest” thing I’ve seen fishing was a Bald Eagle dove into some reeds only a few yards away from the boat. Almost as fast as it dove in, it flew out with a baby goose!!! That honker was raising quite the raucus
    over one of her babies getting snatched up but it was one of the most magnificent displays of nature I’ve ever witnessed! Thanks for bringing the memory back!!!!

jonn

Here’s my idea of summer memories…happy customers & nice bass on a hot August day! The gentlemen holding the fish is from Oklahoma and it was his first smallie. Not too bad…Jon

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

That’s a great photo!! I’ve been dreamin’ of soft water a lot in the last few days. I can’t wait to pitch my first jig each year. As we all begin to hit the river this spring, let’s remember many of our close friends who are sitting in the gulf region defending our ideals. Whether we want them there or not, they are not able to be in the boat with us. Let’s release one for them to come home and catch another day!!

alkfish
    St Paul MN

Well put waterfowler!

Bassn Dan

Great pic alkfish! I saw a doe standing in the water munching on coontail moss one morning. She’d stick her head under the water, pull up the weeds and munch them like spaghetti. Fun to see.

alkfish
    St Paul MN

COOL,That would have been a really neat pic to get.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

this is one picture I took, which brings back Memories for a Winter Day: This is my daughter Kathryn on a trip we took not too long ago when she came up to MN for a visit. Was able to get her on to some very nice Smallie fishing. Jack.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Was digging through some discs and found one that I thought I’d throw on here for Summer Memories for a Winter Day. . This one really has me climbing the walls. These were some CPR’d Largemouth caught in CA on the Sacramento River Delta on buzzbaits during the summer. By the way I’ll be out there in 3 1/2 weeks doing the same thing. wish me LUCK. , sun, lotion, and Big BASS. Jack…

pfluggy
    ROSEMOUNT, MN

Sure are funny looking walleyes? Must be a cross bread?I have never got any walleyes that look like that. Good lookin fish any way

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.