ice between boat and trailor

• eyesrit
    dav ia

been awhile since i logged on to this site,so this happen a couple weeks ago.my buddy and i fished belvue in the morning from 7-10,not one bite,so we decided to head back to davenport and try the dam there.when we loaded up in belvue we got some ice between the boat and runners on the trailor.we busted it out enough to get the boat down on the bunks.(so we thought)we got to d-port and unhooked the boat and started to back down the ramp,i’m backing in using the side mirrors when i hear this BIG THUD,look in the rearveiw mirror and all i see is the bottom of the boat.i knew immediatley what happened.still enough ice on the trailor to act like a slide.couldn’t winch the boat back on so my buddy said to push it back till we get in the water.his boat was shipped to MN.to get a new transom put on.pretty expensive lesson,guess when you get in a habit of doing things,ya just don’t think.costing over three grand to get fixed,but he said his insurance is going to cover it.glad the motor was tilted all the way up…….so be careful when trailloring from pool to pool…….eyesrit …..one of them things you can laugh at now,wished we had it on video,to see the look on my buddys’ face,he was sitting in the drivers seat

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Steve Vick has the same guy with a ranger 690 do this twice within a span of 4 days. One time they needed to use a skidloader to get it back on the trailer.

It happens. Alot!

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

I almost started crying just reading that.Three grand,OUCH!One habit I got into was not releasing the winch strap until the boat is in the water.I see people (my dad) using roller trailers that completely unhook the entire boat and start to back down very steep ramps.I have never seen it happen,and hope I never do.My Lord,$3000.00!!!!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Ouch is right, double OUCH. It keeps us all thinking, thanks for sharing your painful day. Jack.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.