Pool 10 Forage ?s

• emover
    Malcom, IA

I have seen some of the posts about grass on Pool 10. Not sure what causes it, how long it persists, but most importantly, what do you do to cope with it? I tried attachimg small weight 15″ – 2 ft above whatever I was fishing, to stop, or collect some of the grass. That helped some, but still not really a solution. I went looking for some spots with less grass, but other than a nice boat ride, not much help. My daughter’s boyfriend managed a couple of nice gills off the top of a wingdamn, but other than that a slow day of fishing Saturday. Nice day on the water, but slow fishing. Is this just August on P10 or is there a better solution? No, golf is not the answer

dave

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I move to P9…

the grass can be very very agravating

emover
    Malcom, IA

Dave you are the master of understatement

Quote:

can be very very agravating

If I would have just locked through, it sounds like it would have helped. We had been searching from Marquette to almost the Lynxville dam, and it was a mess. How long does this normally last? I would think a few dairy herds could survive on the amount of grass in P10

dave

superdave
    NE IA

Thanks for the heads up Emover. I’ll definitely be heading up to 9 this weekend. I wonder what causes the weed affect to?

brestrup

So how has the fishing been in pool 10? Iwas thinking of hitting one of the 2 pools this weekend. I have been fishing the Dubuque area alot and it’s really bad. Any help would be great.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

On P9 you can work the rock shore lines pitching plastics and find smallies and a walleye here and there..I have been pitching BfishN Tackle’s Paddletails and some Super doos and catching most all my fish..throwing cranks or trolling cranks off the edges of the rocks will produce several sheepies some that go 20 pounds plus

The back waters have been puting out the Pike I have been catching and also some walleyes here and there…I haven’t worked the wing dams much but for sure you will find fish here too…dragging crawlers or just bottom fishing crawlers in gravel will catch you some dandy gills too

Good Luck

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.