Party at Evert’s August 16, 17

• mavzer
    Hager City, WI

Yes, a party will be held this August 16, and 17th down at Evert’s resort! I am getting married on the 31st! So I thought that what better place to have a bachelore party than at evert’s and share a few fishing lies! Everyone from the board is invited to come down!

The festivities are going to be mostly on saturday but thier is going to be a catfish outing on friday plus a few beers consumed. Saturday is going to be a good time as well, a member from the boad has donated a keg of beer for the day as well as guys from the board taking poeple out tubing (a contest will be held for who stays on the longest) thier will be other contest as well……

I just wanted to invite all my friends from E.F.N instead of telling the individually!! Hope to see ya all down there, if you have nothing better going on( we will be frying fish and catching some as well on saturday)…..there should be PLENTY of beach to camp on (water is going down) plus cabins if you prefer

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Hey mavzer, congradulations. Boy you are really going to be busy arn’t you. You have to start football coaching soon,and work, getting married, and planing a party. I’m thinking you probably won’t have any use for your fishing gear so maybe I could just pick it up and get it out of your way.Did you and Steve Chow down those Garlic Balls yet? Maybe Steve didn’t even tell you about those goodies I left for the two of you .Nothing better to eat before a baseball game.I’m hoping to make the party. Steve

swany
    Southeastern Minnesota.

need some help with the cooking?…..maybe a hog roast?….Dusty could “maybe” help With a deal on a hog?

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

Awsome!! You can be the designated Braut Cooker j/k!!
    Le me know if you have need a place to crash I think Steve has every cabin reserved for the event …. so let him know if you plan on staying that it is for “Mavzer’s Party” what does a keg of Lieny’s go for over in Menominee????

swany
    Southeastern Minnesota.

What about it guys….Is this Worth A hog roast…….Party or not….For me its pretty Simple …hog…..roast…?

leinieman

Let me check that out.I’m guessing your talking a half barrel of beer? Any special flavor.So did you and Steve eat those breath killers yet. Hey everyone try this out http://www.leinie.com click around like tap room and you will find out all about differnt flavors. I can’t believe they named a website after my handle. LOL Maybe someone can set up a leinie poll. If someone does please don’t put Berrywise on it YUK Oh yea there even giving away a mountain bike so sign up. Steve

leinieman

Sounds like hog roast and Leinies. Boy it doen’t get better than that unless maybe visiters from the Purple Door down the road might be gonna pop in and suprise the Mazver.Now who would tell them. Hush now
    I’ll check into some prices Steve

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

What’s wrong with the Berry Weis??? It may go down like Kool-Aid but at least it doesn’t leave a pounding in the cranium like the Honey Weis!

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

Sorry guys…if I’m buying the keg its going to be Red White & blue (do they still make that???), Shlitz, or Shmidt………..If you guys beg I might splurge for Strohs. Hee hee hee

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

anything but Red, White and blue,,, and where do I find a pig??????

leinieman

Duh try your local pig farmer. There are a couple around here I’ll call Downsville Meat Proceesors and see what the going weight per pound is. Now for the tricky part do I just leave him off on your porch or tie him to your boat? Any idea how big a piggy you want? Here I thought you would be serving deep fried flathead filletes and hush puppies. I’ll post up the going weight per pound once the locker opens. Steve

leinieman

OK here’s some data for you to ponder. This is as of today and prices do fluctuate. Live weight and squeeling 40 cents a pound. Whole hog 95 cents a pound butchered and ready for cooking whole (no more squeeling) but still looks like a pig or boneless $1.09 wrapped roasts like 15 lbers ready for the spit (no longer squeels or looking like a pig They also rent out a really large gas powered covered spit for approx $90.00. Its big enough for about 140 lb pig. Heres one other option spend all your money on beer and hope someone catchs some fish for a fish fry or hope everyone drinks to much to care about eating. Catch ya later. Steve

swany
    Southeastern Minnesota.

really doesn’t matter to me…..Squill little piggie….but its much easier to cook the roast…but not as fun…..unless they ship the head with it

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

The Wood Shed!!!!!!! Any Friday night!
    Just kidding! (Kinda….)

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

I don’t think that there is going to be a pig roast.. but there will be grills going and fryers (fishfry).
    FRIDAY (Aug 16) there is going to be a golf outing (scramble) if anyone is interested send me a private.. the teams are in foursome’s. I will place you with a group unless you already have one…I don’t golf AT ALL but i know some of you guys do because we have it them into the river, anyway it is still fun to try… Friday night there is going to be a Catfish Derby all that are interested are going out cattin those that are not will hit the Harbor, Woodshed, Border Lounge, etc….
    Saturday(august 17) is going to be fishing, tubing drinking etc, we will have a big cookout that evening. After the cookout we are going to take pontoons and visit the local pubs (we have designated drivers) for pontoons and cars..
    Hope to see some of you from the if you are on the water or in the area stop in and have a (free) beer on us!!
    Maybe Lieny will even let you taste his world famous garlic balls….they stick with you for awhile

leinieman

Hey Mavzer, Thought I would let you know some prices just in case you needed them. Leinenkugel’s Original 70.99, Leinenkugel’s Red, Leinenkugel’s HoneyWiess,and the Creamy Dark 82.99. These are from a liquer store in Chippewa. I won’t even mention the Berrywiess Yuk and cost more yet. Special Garlic Balls Priceless LOL they do last a long time. I think I can find a few packages of those to bring over and no you can’t use them for catfish bait. Oh yeh those are 1/2 barrels. Steve

leinieman

How many people are you expecting at your bash by the way. Also are there
    more bunks still available? Steve

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

I don’t have an exact number but I would guess that there are going to be about 20-30 guys coming from the south and then you have the guys that I coach with and play baseball with and then my catfishing buddies dirk, steve, etc.. then maybe whoever comes from the minnesota d.n.r softball team and of course the f.t.r board…. so I don’t have a real solid number.. but there will be A LOT of guys that love to fish and lie about the results around I know that….. POOR STEVE VICK is going to have his hands full agian….

leinieman

Poor Steve Vick , Oh well he should be all rested up after his time in Canada.
    Steve

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Where’s the love guys!!!!!!

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

The catfish outing will be friday night for those of you that have sent me a P.M. !! Anyone one is invited and we have more poeple than boats so if you would like company or could stand taking some fellers out send me a P.M. thanks mavzer

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

Two more days!! Can’t waite to have a couple beers with the boys and do some fishin!! Rip Lips, Dirk, Steve, Wayne, Lienny?, etc…. get ready to party

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

The soda has been orderd and I’ll have it down there by 6:00pm Friday. Red White and Blue light….mmm mmm good!!! Just kidding of course.

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

You show up with soda and you are going to become catfish baite!! This just in mudcatkid is bringing all the entertainment! Driving them up VIA the river in his jon boat!!! That a KID!!!!

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

A special thanks to Seve Vick for hosting my bachelore party this past weekend. Everyone I talked to had a super time and some are planning return trips to the resort this next spring… It was great to share a beer with some of the ftr boys that were down!!! James, Dustin, Pro V, Rip Lips, etc… and of course Steve Vick!!!!

thanks agian guys!!!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Hey, it was a fun time had by all Mavs! Some might have had a little too much fun……enough said!LOL. Now we can do it all over again in a couple of weeks in your hometown! Congrats again on the upcoming wedding! Thanks Dirk for providing the beer!

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

hey Mazver!.. sorry I didnt make it.. had to attend the media prostaff or I would have been there.. glad you guys had a great time.. but of course I would have been shocked if you hadnt!.. afterall its the people that make the event… and you guys are great!!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.