Mavzer’s big adventure!!

• mavzer
    Hager City, WI

Since the board has been so slow the last couple weeks I thought I would share the story of my trip to a big lake…..

Thanks to Dirk and Steve (everts resort) I had one of the best days fishing this year!! I could hardly sleep the night before.

It has been SLOW on the river, bad weather, muddy water, tourist, bass boats flying UNDER the dam! I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to get invited to fish this “Mill Lacs” lake. I have never really done to much lake fishing, so I figured what the heck, lets try it out!

I woke up at about 2:45 knowing that I had to be at dirk’s to leave at 4:15.. I get my stuff and head down to (literally) pick up steve at evert’s, it is 3:10 I wake steve up, (who is supposed to be packed and ready to go) and try to get him jump started. It is about 3:50 and we rush to dirk’s house hoping he hasn’t left yet. We get to dirks, Everything is good to go, we hit the road for about a two hour trip up to the lake!

I was so excited all I heard about were these walleyes that you catch that are big and you can’t see across the lake becasue it is so big and it is the best time etc, etc, . The closer and closer we got I would get more and more pumped about fishing.. It was awesome and just before we get there a big black bear runs right in front of the truck, it was unreal.

We finally get there, dump the boat in and head to some gravel bar in the lake (or something like that.) The fishing was SO different than what I am use to on the river, I was kinda lost at first, but Dirk and Steve ( the mille lacs veterans) made sure to show me how to catch them. They even ask if I wanted to reel a couple in ( It was not funny)! I did finally get the hang of it and we would have double’s on and I think we might have even had a triple once or twice. The fish were big and it was cool watching them come up from down below. I didn’t count but We easily cought 40 fish over 19 inches I took home a nice limit of fish between 20- 23 inches.. they looked healthy to me. when I cleaned them they had mayflies and crayfish in them. I don’t know if these fish are running out of food or not but the ones I took home really looked o.k.

I would recommend going to the lake to anyone that has not done it! I am not a lake person or have any idea what I was doing out there but what a great time! Thanks again to dirk and Steve for making it a special day for me…. DIRK our guide really came thru… and by the way I was kidding about taking home the fish we never boated a legal fish all day…

markvan
    Owatonna

Mavzer – I hope thos fish were between 14 – 16 inches long. They have a slot limit up on the big pond.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Mavzer’s just pulling your leg…. read his last sentence carefully and you’ll see he was just setting us all up for a spoof…LOL

Darn cat guy anyway!!

markvan
    Owatonna

Well I’ll be….. He shore did chatch me! Goes to show you that the mind can play tricks on you. I read the whole post but stopped processing info at 20-23 inches. Good one Mavzer

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

Dont worry. I often stop processing Mav’s info mid stride too!!!! It goes with the territory.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Even though you say it wasn’t funny, I’m betting it was every time they asked if you wanted to reel in a fish…..

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

well…… funny to THEM anyway!!……

its OK Mavz!… I KNOW you KNOW how to get even!!…..

jenn
    Northeast Wisconsin

Hey Mavzer…
    That trip sounded awesome! Sure is fun there, eh? Did you really see a black bear? I take back wanting to camp there ever!!! Getting chicken in my old age ….lol…
    Anyway, cool story about the trip! Glad you liked the lake!
    ~Jenn

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

I will get even with all of them…. that make fun! “Do you want to reel my fish in?” I will remember that little ha ha joke! I catch on fast, next time I go to a lake I will know how to fish em! SO enough about stupid lakes anyway!!

Has anyone been fishing pool 4?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.