Trailer Tire Help

• dirk_w.
    Minnesota

Trailer tires have and continue to be the plague of my fishing life. I simply have never had a problem free span of over three months. Anyway, tire pressure is fine, tires are newer (3500ish miles) Goodyear Marathons and the outside edges are starting to show ecxessive wear. Shorelander trailer. Were do I start? Should I have the tires balanced? Is it the axle? Can a axle be fixed or bent or does it need to be replaced? Check the camber? Any recommendations on were to take the trailer to have it checked out? Thanks to anyone who can help and my sympathy to those who know the feeling.

LeoKam
    Camp Lacupolis, MN

Dont know all the answers, but from experience, trailer tires should be balanced just like car tires for optimum performance, especially if you do a lot of traveling. Axles can be straightened if they are bent. You should try and ascertain how it was bent. Hit a pothole? Dealer didn’t match up the trailer to the boat weight? Replaced your 2-stroke with a 4-stroke which is heavier? If you know of a service station or auto shop you can trust, talk it over with him. If it was because of overweight, replace the axle with a Shorelander axle that can support the weight.

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

The [censored] with your trailers tires, how did your trip go up to mille lacs?? drop me a line and tell me how it’s going… I think that the catfish river is going down pretty nice…… gotta shedule a trip soon…

MrWalllleye
    Winona

It could be another problem also. My trailer axels were not square and it gave uneven tire wear. Had to take the trailer in and get the axels squared up.

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

Mille Lacs was good. Three days total up there and only two slot fish. From what I saw fishing pressure was way down. I feel for the resort owners. MSN isn’t letting me in today. Let me know when you can get out. Walleyes or cats, doesnt matter.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.