Need some advice…….

• mavzer
    Hager City, WI

I want to fish the lower stretch of the Zumbor river….. I have never fished it before…. but it looks nice…. I want to motor up in a 12/14 ft duck boate that my buddy is going to borrow me …(he just doesn’ know it yet)

Can anyone tell me where the best place to put in is and how far I can go…. barring logjams…I know it dumps in to the big water near kellog….has anyone fished it?? Ideally I would like to fish west of 61 about 3 miles and up stream of that for another 5 looks like a great stretch…. thanks for any info….

skinfisherman
    Hastings/Redwing, Minnesota

If nobody knows on this website try fishingminnesota.com

they have some info on stuff like that.. or maybe try to posts this in the small river section.. it looks like a lot of poeple have viewed it but they just don’t know ….the area or something …. I am new so I don’t know that area iehter…. but if you go give me a call and I will check it out with you… I have a canoe but no small vessle..

JimW
    SE MN

Mavzer,

I haven’t fished the confluence of the ZUmbro and the Miss, nor the first few miles up stream, but I have fished in the ZUmbro Falls area on up past Rochester. Why not try putting in at Zumbro Falls and working your way down to the confluence or near there. You caould have a vehicle at both ends? I’m not sure I would recommend use of a motor, unless you are a quick draw McGraw, willing to lift your prop every 30 seconds? Maybe a trolliung motor or simply floating a canoe? There are daddios/saugers/smallies etc. in the zumbro. SO if and when you float, let us know how you did?

Jim W

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

The name of the bait shop in Kellogg is Shortys. Anyone have the phone number for it? Reefrunner? Pro V? Anyone? Thanks

richardsmith
    Owatonna Mn 55060

Hi Bill,

507 767 4908 Shortys Bait Tackle and bull. Don’t ask for a scoop, because that is what you get is the local scoop !!

Good Luck

Richard

Keep a tight line !!!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for replying. I knew someone had to have the number. Thanks, Bill

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

Thanks for the info fellas,,,,,,,,

JimW
    SE MN

Hey, if you stop in at Shorty’s make sure you give him [censored]!! He loves to banter!! A good way to start or get him going is to ask for “fatheads” when purchasing minnows! You’ll see why!!!!HEHEHEHEHEH

Jim W

PS> What a classic place down by the river!!!

Piscator
    Alma Wi 54610

God help you all if you try to spar with Shorty! Not to long ago he told me that his life was going to get a lot easier. When I asked if he was going to retire he said ” no I’m just going to quit being nice to people !”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.