What do you think is an excellant catch rate?

• urbanrivers

I have been out quite a bit the last couple of weeks and have found the fishing to be phenomenal almost everytime out. Today for instance I was out for a couple of hours on a lake before my family met me to do some tubeing. In three and a half hours I caught 27 largemouth. Each of the last several trips on the “sippi” for smallmouth I have caught at least that many in about the same length of time. I have thought the fishing has been phenomenal and got to wondering if people would agree that that catch rate is really good. I Therefore, this poll. What do you think is an extraordinary catch rate? That is different than what you think is a great day of fishing because any day on the water fishing is a great day.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

If I can catch 1/hr., I call it “slow”.

1/30min = Okay Day

1/20 = Good Day

1/15 = Excellent Day

1/10 or sooner = Phenominal Day

1/every other cast = A special day indeed that will long be remembered!

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

there are 2 ways to look at phenemonal catch rates…… on some waters what would be considered phenominal some place else is merely average there…… and its funny how if you get “used” to phenominal that you start to expect it….

and of course…. people have different levels of skills, and different expectations…. I would hate to define levels for other people to live up to….. (and StillaPup is just giving HIS personal opinion.. and it sounds like a good yardstick for success to ME….. but it might not to everyone…)…

so in my usual long winded and convoluted way…. all Im saying is that if YOU think your having phenominal success…. then you ARE!!!! Its a great feeling to experience great fishing consistantly… you really start to feel like you have truly arrived as a fisherman….. and that will put a smile on the face of every fisherman I know!!!

its kind of like one of my little wittisms (and yes.. StillaPup… I DO have very LITTLE wit!! lol)….

anyway…when someone asks how I did…. I will often reply I caught MY limit….. letting people assume that its the legal limit…. but actually I ALWAYS catch MY limit…. too bad.. that somedays MY limit is ZERO!!!……. so just think guys… now you know MY secret.. and you too can catch YOUR limit EVERY DAY!!!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

What a cheatin’ misgiver! BUT I LIKE IT!!! :O) Oh, by the way RiverDance, I’ve no intention of ripping on your wit, or lack thereof……………..we like ya anywho!

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

I just want to know where he was!!? Sounds like a place I should be checking into. You know, just to make sure this catch ratio is on the up and up. Strictly scientific.

urbanrivers

But then I would feel obligated to tell you what I was using too.

Oh Ok, it was a shallow running bottombanger in Christmas Tree made by Oopslivebait out of Bangor Maine.

Edited by urbanrivers on 07/02/01 11:43 AM.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Nah, nah……………….he’s trying to keep his Neon Flutter Pumpkin with a Mossy Tail Teaser a secret. Have you figured out how to stump proof it yet?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.