Resume for a Fishing Show Host

• stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Today we are in Backwater Pond in beautiful Southern Wisconsin, backwater river country! We are going MONSTER bass fishin’ this morning, smallie style! We just got a call from Jethro Raisedemall and had to come and experience this fantastic fishing in this surprisingly little known area (as you see military fencing in the background!).

Today we will be finesse water skippin’ over flooded maples. Oh yes, bass love them maples! They get in there and hide from predators (like us!) and ambush prey that gets too close. Now, maples have branches and those branches can give you some mighty stubborn snaggs so we’re just gonna skin the surface of ’em today. Did I say skin? I meant skim! Must be that medication kickin’ in! I’m gonna start off here with a Bubble Jumpin’ Splash Dancer in my favorite color scheme…………….Christmas tree! See all them little sparkles? They light up like little Christmas tree lights when the sun hits ’em and if it gets my attention, you know it’s gonna get their attention! WHOA!!! First cast folks! Jethro’s got a beast on his line………….hope he can get her in here and get a look at ‘er!

In this application folks you’re not going to want your average bassin’ rod. We came today with rods not yet built for the public, but you’ll be able to get yours when the pros are done wreckin’ ’em. Meanwhile, HEAVY is the key. You want to rip that fish out of the maples in your favorite waters too cuz he’s gonna want to get you snarled up in those nasty branches! Now, your first thought…………………throw that bouy to Jethro! We lose him we lose that fish!!!……………….is to pack a muskie rod but that’s not good enough. No, no! Nosireebob!! You want something with about as much give as a wolverine on your T-bone! No mercy and all business! Until my sponsor invented this new rod, I used solder wrapped conduit on triple rebarr and a counter balance kit. But this new rod is lighter than a shotgun barrel and 10x the strength! In fact, I heard Browning is making a dual purpose model. If your trophy spits a Splash Dancer at you boat side, you can just blast him! What a concept! That oughta increase your limit percentage! Well…………….just another idea that makes ya scratch your head and wonder, “Now, why didn’t I think of that?”. We got Jethro back in the boat now but he’s a little shook up from all that branch bangin’. Interpreted: This would be a good time to take a break for our sponsors so head for the ‘frigde and drown a Pop Tart! We’ll be back by the time you get back!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

LOL…!!!

You just described about half the shows running on TV. My absolute least favorite is likely one of the most well known so I’ll not directly put the name here but that guy fishes the same stupid private (stocked heavily!) lake for bass and each week he plugs spinnerbaits and cranks made by one of his sponsors. Big time GROAN@@! It amazes me that this show makes it another week yet its been around for years. Mass appeal I guess.

James Holst

Moving Waters Guide Service

http://www.movingwaters.net

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Very few shows are “real” but they can still help us have a good time! I think I know the show you’re referring to, but I haven’t bought a single lure he’s pushed! If we got the same guy…………………

walleyefshr
    Kansas

James……does this jackhole “host” wear a lid with a big T on it and play all his fish till they are within an inch of their lives…..and then is still afraid of lipping…..er landing it…..StillanOldhand….does your super pole have that new berkely 80/170 fireline onit…..figgered folks in Spirit Lake needed line like that for your new pole…..hehe..

fshr…..

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

That’s who I was thinking of! However, he’s not that only one that has me lifting an eyebrow from time to time.

Walleyefshr can’t spell none but he writes us this week from Braindirt, MN. Why he don’t just go knock on Lindner’s door, I don’t know! But he went to the trouble of licking the stamp so I might as well answer him!

He writes, Now-a-vet, wuzzin ol’ hand, Stillapup2, what kind of twine should I be using with the new All Purpose Browning Semi-Automatic Pole-Verizer?

Well son, that all depends on the cover you’re fishin’ in and how much of it too. For just pads and reeds, I think any ol’ 20+lb. test will do but for flooded timbers and brushy piles, I’d recommend using nothing less than 100 strand cable! It’ll cut through any obstructions before your trophy gets to it, has zero stretch properties for maximum sensitivity and hooks sets, and pulls like a puppy on a kids pair of scivies! I don’t know about this 80/170 crud you mentioned but I’d go with the cable. You know, in this application, your boat winch would make an excellent spare reel! Sure, it costs a little more but with a little care, it can last a lifetime!

Son, good luck fishin’ in your favorite aquarium. Send us a pic of your big catch………………………as long as it’s a fish!

See Ya Nex’ Week!

Anonymous

Um ok now that the cats out of the bag, I cant believe you guys dont fall for that little scene of him banging his knee against the trailer hitch at the end of every show. Or when he drives the 4 wheeler into his artificial pond because of those pesky bees!

Steve HougomFTR Webstaff

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

I have to admit when I lived in Memphis, and Iowa there was many a day that those shows kept me alive. BUT now that I am up in Gods Country I will have to ask,” How do many of these shows make it?” Billy D, Hanky P, Fishin Canada, even Midwest indoors, I mean really a few whoa sons and shots of them pullin them in makes a show. My guess is that many of you out there have better verbal skills and fishing ability. I will say that I am partial to our home grown boyz from Brain-land. At least there is an attempt to teach.

Still-a-Kid, I think you got the right stuff so GO FOR IT! I would be watch’in you every saturday AM.

Good luck, Keep me in mind I could net’um or hold the camera for you!

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

geeeeee now jus whuy amm eye reedin a suthin accent into all these heyah posts?? I can almost HEAR that guy saying these words… what a hoot……

you know I think maybe you are onto something when you said you watched a lot of this stuff in Iowa….. and memphis…. dang I lived in Iowa for 35 years….. let me tell you one thing… if you LOVE to fish…. then kind of like the clampits… you gotta load up that pickup and move to Minnesoty….. or some sech place….. I could not BELIEVE the difference in my fishing when I moved up here…. oh dont get me wrong there are fish to be caught in Iowa… if you know when and where.. but its NOT easy…. if you can get them there.. you can be successful anywhere……. the guys working for fish down there have their work cut out for them…. except if they live in a few rare spots…. say along the mighty Miss…. or the Iowa great lakes… or maybe Rathbun Reservoir…..

*sigh*…

well let the show go ON….. geeeeeeeee StillaPup…. now your NOT “casting” ME for the part of Jethro R U?? and now dont you go saying… “NO… cuz you aint smat enuf!!” LOL

walleyefshr
    Kansas

All Purpose Browning Semi-Automatic Pole-Verizer? Now thar is a fine peece of ekwipment……i dun pickt me up one of them at that thar fleet farm….jeffro in sports dint think he had no twine fer it in fishun….so said to head to the fencin dept..strolled back thar and darrel said i needed this here 4 guage stock fence whar……that whar was stout….i oared out to my faverit patch of weeds and lobbed out a skitterchugginsurfacesuspendingdeepdivingwalkingthadogspinner and on tha first cast i ketched this big ole bass. Aw played her for 45 mins…..jus like ma faveorite big time tv show host duz……and heres a pic…..hopes ya like…..stillwetbehindthaears………..hehe

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.