Pool 4 info?

• fishinfool
    mn

Anyone been out lately since James went. I plan on running down there on Friday and was wondering whats going.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Was on the water in the Wabasha area last night. The river is dropping but still high. Lots of weedy type debris. Current is extremely strong…main channel is still hard to fish.

Didn’t go up to the lake.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Got a few the other night in Maiden Rock pulling Thundersticks, Shad Raps, and Rip Sticks in shallow. Weeds are coming up making for a little more difficulty. Size was from 15-18, with a few dinks tossed into the mix. There are some HUGE crappies in the area right now. A guy in my boat caught one with a #8 Shad Rap! I’m on Pool 3 this weekend!

Tuck

Dave G
    Rochester, MN

I went out of Hok-sa-la on Wed 6/27 for 4 hours in the early morning – three of us only got 4 walleye/sauger and they were all about 15″. We pulled live bait floaters and spinners on several points in the lake. So far, this was the worst I have had all year, although once the May Fly hatch starts I will probably look back to this day and say it was “OK”. The sheeps’ were going crazy on everything and did made the fishing interesting for my two partners.

Dave Gulczinski

walleyeboys
    Live in Rochester Mn.

Now Dave, don’t be mentioning mayfly hatch or we will get jinxed for the next club tournament coming up in the near future! Check Dustins new ftr report as it sounds good.See ya on the water.

walleyeboys
    Live in Rochester Mn.

Are the ramps still under water at Wabasha? Thanks

walleyeboys
    Live in Rochester Mn.

Hey Tuck, how deep were you at when you got the huge crappies? Thanks

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Sorry, don’t know. The water dropped about 1 1/2 to 2 feet from Sunday to Wednesday. I would assume that they are OK by now…but my guessing is not much help.

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

Hey Guys- Just thought I’d say a word or two, fished from Red Wing to just south of Maiden Rock today. Absolutely murdered them in the river for a change. Nothing big, but most between 16-21. Three ways w/ orange or pink floaters. Did well at Putnum. Stayed way back of closing dam in 6 ft. Caught most of the fish though at the far southside of Steamboat(sawmill slough). Maiden Rock flats only produced 3 small walleyes today, but marked twice as many fish as I did last Sunday, caught roughly 15 out there Sun on bottom bouncers and firetiger raps. One 5lb sauger at the bottom of the drop.

JJW

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

*wow*… REALLY NICE Sauger!!! got a pic??

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Were you trolling those floaters or what? Also what size weights were you using on the bottom of your 3 ways.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.