What happened to fishing etiquette?

• mojogunter

I was out on pool 4 midweek and I can not believe how so many have no regard for other boaters. I can’t tell you how many people went by at 30mph within 30′ of us. Maybe if the river was packed it would have maybe been slightly excusable but that wasn’t the case. I wasn’t sitting in the middle of the river either. Too many people just thinking about themselves. There were some guys in a small boat that really got tossed around when a boat went by right next to them. Not good.

John Kaus

There are a bunch of jackwagons down there. Same thing last Friday also, that’s why I stayed away this weekend.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Me, me, me crowd rules the world today. That’s what happens when you remove discipline and accountability from our schools.

Perhaps maybe some guys should start packing paintball guns and start re-painting some boats?

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

This winter I had a guy drive between my truck and my portable, they were exactly 21 feet apart. There was nothing within 50 yards on the other side of the truck.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Sounds about right. Atleast they were not doing 10mph plowing water like a tug boat!

Jeff Matura
    Sumner, IA

Quote:

Me, me, me crowd rules the world today. That’s what happens when you remove discipline and accountability from our schools.

Perhaps maybe some guys should start packing paintball guns and start re-painting some boats?

Amen Brian. This also starts in the home.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

With the lack of parents in today’s society, could you really expect better?

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

The old saying. ” it’s the river”. Enough said.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

I don’t know about you but I would rather a guy go by me on plane than plowing a big wake slowly thinking they are doing me a favor.

Now too close is another thing…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I can’t stand people who have the hole body of water yet feel the need to buzz by you. There are a lot of arrogant people out there.

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Happens a lot on pool 2 also. Almost got ran over last year by a tuna boat.

ozzyky
    On water

As stated above guess I would rather they stay on plane rather than plow a big wake at quarter throttle. For a month out of the year I guess they need a no wake zone from the vermillion to the dam

692fisherman
    champlin mn

that happens alot on the rainy…. i think its a river thing, and a good old boy thing….. like somebody else said atleast they were up on plain and didnt do the “nice” thing and slow down to push a giant wake!!!

honda75
    Iowa

This is the reason why we quit fishing lynxville. To many big city folk who think they own the river because they have bigger boats than everyone. Also don’t forget about the people who anchor in the middle of the drifts or trolling upstream through the drifts and expect the people floating downstream to move for them……………………

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

If you want to enjoy your day out there (Rainy, St Croix, Mississippi) then you will need to learn to deal with it, expect it, and not be dissapointed with it.

If you don’t want crowds, go fish the minnesota river. I think 90% of my fishing on the MN River by Mankato i have not seen another boat.
    Kicking myself for even mentioning that river…There’s no fish in it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.