Couple Lynxville questions..

• iowaeye

first question..i was on my way home from genoa today and noticed a what i believe to be an empty float in lynxville. is the fishing that bad right now or is he not open?

second question..i again was on my way home from genoa and i would have put my boat in this spot just to find out what the big deal was but it as packed full. i included a picture of the area from google maps. there was also one other area just like this that i couldn’t find on google maps. both places has 5 and 6 boats in the respectively. is this some hot spot? it’s roughly 4 miles give or take above the lynxville lock and dam. the other identical spot is a couple miles north of the one in the photo.

jason1999

Maybe they are catching catfish? Might be a new hotspot for BK!!! I would imagine they are pan fishing there the spot at lynxville is called cold springs.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I used to fish both lynxville trolling for walleyes in the barge channel and fished cold springs for the huge bluegills that came out of the Mississippi and into the warmer spring water in the winter. Sometimes the bite was so good at cold springs that the local sheriffs dept. had to direct traffic. The lakes on both sides of the spring would be frozen and the spring would be open. I stopped going when they put the new bridge in and it changed to holes around the old bridge.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I was on my way by the Lynxville Dam on Friday and there were several cars at the landing and I saw Bill ruunning his flat bottom back to the float from the landing.

Here is the # for the Fishing Float (Bill Hubbard)
    608-732-1084

traumatized
    eastern iowa

Assuming your from Iowa by your user name. Be careful where you fish. If you fish on the other side of the railroad tracks you will need a Wis. license. According to the map this area would be out of bounds for a IA license. At least I’m pretty sure that’s the rule.

iowaeye

Quote:

I was on my way by the Lynxville Dam on Friday and there were several cars at the landing and I saw Bill ruunning his flat bottom back to the float from the landing.

Here is the # for the Fishing Float (Bill Hubbard)
    608-732-1084

weird. there were a total of 2 cars in the lot at 2:30 p.m today.

iowaeye

Quote:

Maybe they are catching catfish? Might be a new hotspot for BK!!! I would imagine they are pan fishing there the spot at lynxville is called cold springs.

makes sense. so many boats in such a confined area.

trucker
    Prairie DuChien WI.

From what I have heard lately the weeds are bad at Lynxville dam right now. I drove down the river Thursday and you can see alot floating down.

ironheadr5
    Northeast, Iowa

Traumatized, you would be correct Sir. The Regulations say Railroad track to Railroad track

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

Most likely blue gills, possibly crappies and LMB. There would be few if any cats on the east side of the RR tracks. Just west of the RR tracks there is an old channel which has anywhere from 15-20 feet of water. That is where you get the cats, sheepies and walleye and sauger.

Anyone can use the landing but to fish “inside” the RR tracks you need a WI license.

roth1995

Cold springs – they are fishing for panfish. Been going strong for a couple weeks and will be through ice fishing season. Below Lynxville dam/lock, fish should be there particularly saugers and walleyes. Most likelylots of grass making it very difficult to fish.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.