P2 Conditions?

• Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Anyone make it out on P2 yesterday? Curious if the ramps are all open? Much debris?

Thanks,
    Pete

blakeb
    MN

debris, yes. Launches open, lions and ssp are open im sure the rest are as well. Walleyes are on the bite too, good luck

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Havent been down since last weekend pete but would imagine conditions are pretty nice. We launched at Willies but have heard both Lions and 494 are open. Sounds like the bite is going pretty good to. Looks like maybe mid week before I might make it back out again. To dang hot out to sit in the boat. Heading back to the croix swimming again today.

sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

Rachel and I hit pool 2 saturday afternoon, we pounded the fish in a back water area, they were all nice eaters, I was getting depressed at not being able to keep these nice 15-17’s so we moved to try and find some big fish, we worked dams on P2 on saturday with one fat 25 on a leech and a nice eater on a crank. We fished pool 3 today with one 18 incher. The dam bite wasn’t really on like I thought it would be, the water was still real muddy, about 6 inch visability. water temps 75, which came up quick from the previous weekend. i think I’m goinng to hit Mille Lacs next weekend.

Chode2235

Water has come down quite a bit in the last couple days. The island at the ford dam is now about half out of the water, and it is not roaring nearly as fast through there.

I was thinking it was high time to get out there and catch some fish.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Was out yesterday, water was high but has dropped a lot recently. Was dissapointed in the water still being so muddy. I was targeting bass, ended up with five brownies, a flathead about 5lbs on a crank, and a 17″ eye on a crank. Really slow for me, considering how well I know that pool and the bass fishing there.

buschman
    Pool 2

Hey Pete, I was down in the lower section a couple days ago and clarity was not too bad to be honest (10″). The water was sitting really nice too…. Just enough to fish back but slow enough to fish about anywhere in the main. Lots of bait moving back out into the river as well…. I dont know what this rain is going to do. It olny took about 12-18 hours with the last couple big rains to muddy it up a bit but sure you will find fishy water either way. Ramps are open and debrit is out there but not terrable.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Thanks Guys, Hope to swing down after work today with the boat and see how it looks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.