P2 white bass

• Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Looking to get some action. How are the whities going on p2. Never fished them on 2 before but caught a few. looking to get the new wife out. Any info great. General fine like above or below ?

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Been out a few times in last few days but havent found the white bass yet.

mfreeman451

try p4 they’re everywhere, been catching them around wing dams. It’s fun to see the walleye guys watch you catch something and then slowly gravitate over there.. suckers

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I caught a bunch of them on the wingdams north of 494 and south of the train tressel. I was “bass fishing,” but when you go out and throw a crankbait or trap on P2 rock, you can catch anything and everything. I was out this afternoon down south on the main river and only got one. Caught a 24″ walleye and boat flipped it. Got me excited thinking it was a smallie.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

When I lived in LaCrosee I fished the wingdams regularily at the north end of Pettibone park. I cleaned and ate them all and checked thier stomachs to see what they were feeding on. Everyone of them had young crawfish gorged in thier stomachs besides the few small crappie and bluegill fry but its too early for them. Thier probably on the wingdams looking for the larger crawfish to crush and swollow besides the smaller bluegills. When the crawfish hatch comes, look out because its fast and furious and thats when the big whitebass come up onto the dams.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Been out a few times in last few days but havent found the white bass yet.

x2.

-J.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

I’ve successfully used crawfish cranks in the past for silvers and would think that crawfish blades would be good too. Will try this afternoon on p4.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Seems like the numbers of whites on 2 are fewer than other pools, but you can find them in decent sized schools sometimes … and there are some nice ones out there for sure.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

My best luck for whites has always been the Pike Island shoreline right above the confluence.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

All of mine caught on P2 and the Minnesota have been accidents. Usually right on top of wing dams or under timber. You’d think I’d put that together and start targeting them once in a while.

But you are right, there doesn’t seem to be as many in this area. Brian brought me into the fish cleaning house once before a trip at Everts. I think he thought it would be funny. It was like a house of horrors seeing a guy clean more than a truckload full!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.