pool 3 boat launch

• sharptailer
    IGH, MN

Is the landing on pool3’s Sturgeon lake usable? Is the fishing in that pool any good, for catfish, northerns? Thanks

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Usable?

Well, depends what size boat you have. Not going to launch a Bayliner out of there!

I haven’t been up there yet, but it should be good and getting better.

Last time I launched out of there my truck and trailer were 20 feet into the water.

sharptailer
    IGH, MN

Thanks. Just a 16′, I am looking to go someplace on the river I’ve never been to and tying to avoid a long boat ride

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

If I was you, I would launch out of TI. You won’t get as wet and there’s people around to watch your rig while your gone.

It’s a bit further of a boat ride, but less hassle.

Good luck!

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

You can launch a boat there no problem, the ramp is deep and there’s a dock. I do try to take all valuables out of my truck when launching there as a precaution. I’ve never had any break-ins there, but the parking lot is tucked behind trees and far from any major road.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

You can launch a boat there no problem, the ramp is deep and there’s a dock. I do try to take all valuables out of my truck when launching there as a precaution. I’ve never had any break-ins there, but the parking lot is tucked behind trees and far from any major road.

What Crawdaddy said! I’m thinking of another landing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.