Pinpoint Sonar’s

• barc
    SE MN

My old Bottomline 310 went belly-up last week and I need to invest in a new one. I recall a few threads on the message board earlier this year on depth finders and who liked what. I tried to get back to the old posts but the new format must have turned them into ‘legacy’ data. Wondering how any of you guys that purchased a new Pinpoint (or any other brand) like them after putting them to the test?? Looking for a model with speed and temp. Appreciate any feedback and if you know of any specials that may be running now.

CroixRiverRat
    n. st. paul,mn

as I stated this spring, I really like the LPG 2000(zercom). Has speed and temp. included has one of the highest pixel rate on the market and works well in COLD temps. Down side? Little pricey and you have to monkey with the contrast alot in cold temps.I also have fished with the pinpoint system and was very impressed with user ability of the graphs, but not so much with the trolling motor itself.FISH ON!!!

greatplains
    Hudson, WI

I have a Pinpoint 7520, as well as a Bottomline HR. Two years ago made the mistake of turning the Bottomline on when it was only 12 degrees out. Froze up immediately, (just a normal Jan. day at Red Wing). Sent it back to the factory with a note of what happened and a request to fix it. They sent me a new one!!!! NO CHARGE!!! I’ll never be without one. I sure do like the 7520 a lot better though. Much faster than the Bottomline. Absolutely love the split screen. Since I quit trying to get tricky with the trolling motor, I’ve learned to love it too. Fishing the PWT as an am. this year, I have the chance to fish with guys using the ZERCOM. They all raved about it. As Croix River Rat states, I find the Pinpoint very user friendly, even for an illiterate such as my self. Hope that helps. Keep it vertical.

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

I’ve got a 7220 on the bow and a 7520 on the console. I’ve had some problems with my 7520 but they’ve been solved. Zero problems with the 7220. Customer service is excellent. Cabelas had/has the 7220 on sale for about 250$?? In my book its the best unit out there for that price ( if you can live with a smallish screen). The flash chart makes high speed runnning easier because its almost real time. Both units are excellent and mark fish/bait very well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.