Long-term P2 River proposal video

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I like the new angling opportunities at Watergate and Island Station.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Great video. I didnt notice or hear any mention of public boat landings or improved fish habitat. That part leaves me a little concerned. Wonder how open they would be to allowing duck hunting again in pigs eye lake or what ever they want to call that area. You want to restore our heritage there you go. Set up some nice walking paths to public duck blinds.

Dont get me wrong I think its great they want to fix up the river but like said above Im a little concerned about who they are reconstructing it for.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

It looks really nice when they leave out all the barges, piles of scrap metal, old buildings, chunks of concrete, etc.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I agree with Mike. It sounds good; but I am a little leery of what they might want to exclude from their plan. As an old fat guy who likes to fish and drink the occasional beer on P2 I might be viewed as an eyesore the planners would like to remove from the landscape.

dd

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

It looks really nice when they leave out all the barges, piles of scrap metal, old buildings, chunks of concrete, etc.

LOL, post of the day!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I agree with Mike. It sounds good; but I am a little leery of what they might want to exclude from their plan. As an old fat guy who likes to fish and drink the occasional beer on P2 I might be viewed as an eyesore the planners would like to remove from the landscape.

dd

I guess I have mixed feelings about Watergate too. Sure it would be great if it were more accessible, especially the marina.

But looks like they are including my cut bay just upstream from there. My first concern is if they did something like dredge it. A certain time of year I enjoy some exceptional fishing there. It would be bad enough if it got crowded, but taking out the sand bar, for example, would probably destroy the spring pattern. And for me that is the closest I can get to a backwater area without much effort.

Palerider77

They also left out the armed gov’t agents looting the public to pay for it. It is fun to talk about making the river pretty, but I like it the way it is (paid for). Also I would like to second the comment about being an old fat beer drinker that wishes to be left alone.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

sounds like one big park system to me. which means no hunting, fishing, or drinking of beer…unless you live in one of their “lofts” on the river front, or buy a yearly pass to use the river….

No thanks…

foulpole18
    North Branch, MN

No thanks. Looks nice but real expensive. The state can’t balance their books as it is, they surely can’t afford this.

I think the beer drinking fisherman would get the boot from this park.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

NO NO NO. That is the biggest pitcher of coolaid I have ever seen. They want to take it away from us in OUR best interest?! B f’ing S.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I’d rather the corp. just dump a bunch more wingdams and rockwalls in the river, that’ll do more for the fishing than anything.

Palerider77

Also I would hate to see the free truck and trailer security force get chased out of lillydale. That would be a bad deal for all involved.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Quote:

Also I would hate to see the free truck and trailer security force get chased out of lillydale. That would be a bad deal for all involved.

Free truck and trailer security force? Are you referring to the nice men who sit in their cars hoping to make friends? That part I would not mind seeing get cleaned up….

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

What a bunch of cynical curmudgeons. Get back on your porch I think they neighbor kids are messing with you.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

I find with all the problems in bugeting or lack of this just seems to be another waste of time and money we dont have.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

If my family and I die in a horrible car accident, I want that lady to describe the scene at our funeral.

“manage invasive species”!! YGBFSM!!

I should have known better than to watch that video.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

She did mention managing storm water run off ponds. That would be good but there are a lot of storm water pipes that head for the river in the twin cities.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.