Pool 4/Pepin

• Tom Hubbard

Staying in Lake City for the week on a family vacation. Zero experience fishing the area, but learning as we go. Yesterday we only got out for a few hours, but found a mixed bag trolling various cranks from Lake City marina beyond the public boat launch.
    Today I got my Mom on a solid bite just upstream from Frontenac. Jigs and Pulse R’s produced best, but did pick off a few trolling 12′ on WI side of Lake Pepin near Maiden Rock. Forecast was totally off, was actually fairly nice out there today.
    54° water.

Attachments:
    1. SPhotoEditor-20181006_215910.jpg

2. IMG_20181008_175640392.jpg

3. SPhotoEditor-20181008_185905.jpg

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

waytogo thanks for the report …nicely done

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Congrats and thanks!

It’s nice to get the Mom into fish once in a while.

basseyes

That’s a cool report, and great to see a mom out fishing!

Tom Hubbard

That’s a cool report, and great to see a mom out fishing!

Much appreciated!… It’s nice to get positive feedback from guys on here instead of the negativity that gets written on other sites.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

That’s gonna be nummy!!

Nice catch toast

CrossSnake

Nice fish! How do the white bass taste? I’ve always wondered.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

That’s exactly what I was going to ask. Perfect opportunity to try them side by side with walleye/sauger to compare.

Tom Hubbard

Pretty good if you remove the dark red meat. I mainly take the portion from above the lateral line. And when filleting down & across the fish, cut just short of the skin. That eliminates much of the strong tasting crud. I usually only keep them during colder water months.

carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

White bass are quality table fare. Make sure you have all the red meat/fat removed and they are good. Best meat is above the lateral line. My guests can’t tell the difference when mixed in with walleye. There is a texture difference that I notice the most. The white bass is less delicate more coarse texture than the walleye.

Deleted

Very nice!!

I didn’t know trolling was working now up there at this time. Maybe I will check it out before the 3′ rise coming Friday – Monday

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.