pool 4

• toddcarnes
    Milan IL

thinking about coming up walleye fishing for couple days with my wife ,hows the fishing rite now?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

All I can say is that the guides have no problem getting limits right now,the water is on a tad of a down swing right now ,I would think that most all the summertime haunts on the lower end of the big bridge should hold fish. Don’t be afraid to explore and think outside the box since it has been a different kind of summer for Pool 4 this year !

Good luck and chime back in if you get out there.

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

The points in lake pepin are fine right now as well. River 3-way rigs with minnows or green phelps floaters with a leech both catching fish. Not very many snags in the lake so use a 1 oz bell sinker and put the rods in a holder and relax. The fish will let you know when they bite.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey Tony!

Don’t forget The Parkway Motel and Super 8 offer rooms starting at $69.00! Easy access to Bay Point boat launch.

Live bait at Runnings Farm and Fleet for a very reasonable price with healthy crawlers.

Hamm’s is served at the Harbor Bar (access from the water or road) and I highly recommend the Ribeye steak at Bayside Tap and Steakhouse on Old Main St not too far from the Super 8 motel.

Oh…the fish are biting (see PM) too. )

Wally Tamer

We had been gettin eaters down by the Rush in 8 to 12 feet…now today my dad’s buddy didn’t have much luck at the head of the lake or down by the Rush. Bringing out a friend from work (grew up in Peru) and one of his friends (from Virginia) tomorrow as neither one of them have EVER caught a walleye! Wanted to live bait in the river or near the head of the lake but the water is rising and I’m afraid the river will be too dirty. Might end up going down towards the Rush and Pine where the water is likely “clearer” and pull lead til my motor runs out of gas ????….any opinions out there? We’ll be fishing from 5 til around 1.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

any opinions out there?

If you had success recently, and the current is increasing, find that same strength current where you had success, it is close by.

Fish slide in and out of current strengths and each water temperature and each species and size classes within each species has their preferred current strength.

Always pay attention to current strength and water temperature when your catching fish. It is imo the largest factor to finding fish in an ever changing system.

holstc

Fished the morning in the rain until 1pm or so. Very slow. Pulled cranks on sand and on rock with little action. After that we Pulled spinners with no luck and packed it in.

Slowest trip of the year by far.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Thanks for a report. Seems people like to only share the good days. I will be out next weekend with my daughter and friends hoping to get in on a hot jig bite.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.