Pool 2 Report (2023)

• PmB

This was weeks ago but got a 22.5″ sauger

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20231117_235608025.NIGHT2_-scaled.jpg

2. PXL_20231117_235441181.NIGHT_-scaled.jpg

Hunter

Went out yesterday for a few hours and was hoping the bite was going to be on! Had to work for them. Only 14 walleyes/saugers. Biggest was a 23.5 inch walleye.

Jim

Hunter, that would be a great day any where else.

What was working?
    Did you find them in deeper water, deeper than 10’?

Friday I found some in 14-19’ using paddle tails.

Hunter

17-22′ during the day and dragging jig/paddle tail seemed to work best. I was marking them all over the place on live scope. I’d watch them come right up to the plastic then dart away. Then right at dark we were in 2-15′ casting. That’s when the bigger girls came out. Few 17-20ish inch saugers and that 23.5′ walleye.

Cody Meyers

We were out yesterday, it was not quite as warm as I was thinking it was going to be. That said, the bite was slow/average but fairly steady. We ended up with 25 fish with no particular presentation working better than others. It seemed to be the same story as the rest of the fall where we had to hop around a lot to pick up our fish.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

So who asked Santa for rain thos year? Flow is up a little but clarity dropped to less than a foot. Watch out for logs drifting down river. Still a few fish biting but had to work for them this afternoon. Good news is water temps have jumped almost 10 degrees since last Friday. Couple more degrees and those walleyes should start spawning. Spring is on its way.

buschman
    Pool 2

I was out there a few nights over the weekend and last night. Glad to see some flow finally back in the river!! Forecast looking forward is not great for us on P2 but sure did enjoy the weather we had the last week here.

I dont know if I remember ever seeing so many trailers up at 494. EVER!! How did you guys do? Seems quiet on the report side. I avoided the circus and spent my time targeting unpressured areas. It paid off in size but #s have been low. I was happy with that though.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

It’s been the opposite for me lately, I’ve been finding numbers of fish but no monsters. There is a zillion tons of bait in the water as well as a large number of low 20’s inch long fish. The future looks pretty good.

Yesterday was tough for me. I found a couple of Saugers and one White Bass. I would imagine the sudden rise in water temperature and flow along with the sudden decrease in visibility has shaken things up. Once it settles down I think things will pick up again.

SR

bioguy

It’s been the opposite for me lately, I’ve been finding numbers of fish but no monsters. There is a zillion tons of bait in the water as well as a large number of low 20’s inch long fish. The future looks pretty good.

Yesterday was tough for me. I found a couple of Saugers and one White Bass. I would imagine the sudden rise in water temperature and flow along with the sudden decrease in visibility has shaken things up. Once it settles down I think things will pick up again.

SR

I’ve been fishing P2 in the fall for about 10 years now, certainly not as many outings/fall as I’d like, but I also have noted a big uptick in 19-22″ fish this fall compared to any other. They’ve been aggressive too, following right up to the boat often. Hopefully a good sign!

buschman
    Pool 2

SR

Good to know your at least catching them Steve.. I was back down on Friday and noticed that flow and water color. I found them but the fish moved about 100 yards and got tight to a deep seam. Might be a bit before we get back out now.

PmB

Does anyone know why the flow is up right now. It’s been a while since all that rain. Im a rookie at the river and trying to learn. Thanks

mojogunter

It rained up north too and all that water is flowing south.

PmB

Simple enough

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

FYI – It’s 2024. hint hint

Viewing 14 posts - 301 through 314 (of 314 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.