Pool 2 Fall Hog Haul and Get Together.

• john23
    St. Paul, MN

Yep, I’ll be there with Joe! Looking forward to it. Thanks, Mike and Jon for organizing!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Fish fry after the contest is a go again this year. Who’s got fish? Think I have one pike to contribute.

I have some walleye to bring

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

I can bring some walleye too

chubby
    Bloomington

Since 3 person teams win at a rate of 3 times more than 2 person teams it does not really seem to be a fair format and handicaps those that can only field a 2 person team.

Deuces

That’s it, you’ve cracked the code.

I’m assembling a team barge next year.

We’d still lose bawling

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Sheldon, myself and another friend expect to be arriving @ Lake of the Woods for the week when you are gathering for the potluck after the Hog Haul. We will be joining 82 others in our own Hog Hunting!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Since 3 person teams win at a rate of 3 times more than 2 person teams it does not really seem to be a fair format and handicaps those that can only field a 2 person team.

Never thought of that. Sure didn’t seem that way when Eric and I won it. Trade off is you split the win between two people. The real reason we have it set up this way is to make it a more enjoyable low key contest.

Dan Crissman

Myself and my Dad will be there.

Dan Crissman
    Jerry Crissman

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Look forward to seeing you guys Dan.

Just took a look at the forecast and it is looking fantastic for some fall river fishing this weekend. High of mid 50s Saturday.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Looking for to the Get Together! Even if you are not fishing, feel free to stop by for the awards and fish fry / pot luck.

And yes, 50 degree temps will feel great. Hoodie Weather is finally arriving!

-J.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Moen and Boone are in.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Fantastic. Look forward to seeing you guys there.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

If anyone is thinking of going, this is a great event. I highly recommend fishing this contest. It’s a low entry fee with a laid back, great bunch of guys and gals. I have done it probably 5 times over the years. I would be there this weekend, except I’ll be out of town at a wedding. I look forward to reading the post event reports. Have a great time and good luck everyone!

tharms
    Minnesota

Good luck to all those fishing this event tomorrow. The team of Tim, Chad and Kyle will have to wait a year as I tore my achillies a couple week ago launching the boat. We truly will miss this fun event and great competition.

Tim

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Good luck to all those fishing this event tomorrow.

Not to be a stickler here, but I think its on Saturday, Oct 7. Not tomorrow, which is Friday, Oct 6. If you show up tomorrow instead it might just be for some pre-fishing.

Minor detail.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I’ll be prefishing on Friday. Say hi if you see me out there. Hope you heal up fast Tim.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Bite was good, not great yesterday, I but expect most boats to be able to fill their cards, hoping to see some strong results!!!

Mike Otis

I won’t be able to make it this year, we had twin girls May 28th. Funny enough, I’ll be fishing Sunday morning because my wife and MIL are taking the twins to a baby shower.

Feel free to share all your spots with me after the Hog Haul is finished. Sunday will be my third time getting out since they were born… makes me want to cry like these babies.

If it works out, we might stop down for the potluck.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

We found about the same bite Dave. Caught fish most places we tried. Bigger fish not so much. Yep, should be lots of full score sheets tomorrow.

I’ll be set up in the parking lot about 7am tomorrow for sign up. Ramps at Lions seem to be in good shape. The road by Super America is closed and detoured but things are well marked.

Good luck fishing tomorrow.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Anyone planning on bringing a grill tomorrow?

Deuces

Got a small portable I can bring

Deuces

Switched from claws to whiskey, do u accept late entries? toast

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

If you have someone that can drive sure thing.

5am and the coffee pot is on. Time to get ready to fish.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Good luck fellas! We’ll see you this afternoon!

Deuces, you’re bringing some of that whiskey, right? toast

Attachments:
    1. 20231006_101354-scaled.jpg

Baitwaster
    South metro

Any field reports/updates?

dbright
    Cambridge

Most boats had a full card but bigger fish were hard to find. I’m sure a few guys will get some pictures up.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Here is the leader board. John N and Joe B took the win with 102″ for 5 fish. Guess #7 on the board is lucky Joe.

Thanks everyone for coming out and fishing the contest today. I’ll get more photos up tomorrow.

Attachments:
    1. 20231007_160340-scaled.jpg

Deuces

Great event as usual, thanks to those for coordinating all of it.

That deep fryer on the island sure hit the spot, fries and fish, chicken buff dip on the side it was dam good. Along w the baked goods and coconut bars, oof, fish and food is a win no matter what.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Here is a our winners John and Joe.

The weather yesterday could not of been better for some fall river fishing. The bite was pretty decent for mid sized fish. Bigger fish were tight lipped and I guessed whomever found one or two was going to take the contest. Not sure if any real bite patterns popped up either. Our boat caught fish on jig/crawlers, hair jigs, jig/plastic, and crankbaits. A pretty much through the tackle box approach at them. We also ended up catching 9 different species yesterday. A good day of fishing.

Thanks again to everyone that showed up for the event. Big thank you to our prise sponsors BfishN tackle, Capras Scheels.

Fish photos still to come.

Attachments:
    1. 20231007_150032-scaled.jpg

Sharon
    SE Metro

It was a great time and excellent food! Thanks Mike and Jon for coordinating, and congrats to the winners! toast

Attachments:
    1. 20231007_135839-scaled.jpg

2. 20231007_141739-scaled.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.