Pool 2 bait

• DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Did anyone know Ace Hardware in IGH carried minnows? Who knew!? He said they have crappie minnows, shiners, fatheads and suckers right now and have fatheads and crappie minnows all winter.

Good to know!!!

Attachments:
    1. 8A08D0DA-A7BE-42BE-A985-0D763367F50C.png

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Is the bait as expensive as Diamond Lake Ace? Those guys make a mint on bait but it’s sure nice to have a place less than a mile from home.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Idk, will stop in this week. But it is a lot closer than Bloomington and Oakdale now that I live in IGH

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Kwik trip has crawlers. Used to be a bait shop right on concord by the landing.

dirtywater

Is the bait as expensive as Diamond Lake Ace? Those guys make a mint on bait but it’s sure nice to have a place less than a mile from home.

I can’t quote a number but I remember it being considerably less. Think the prices are set by each store owner. Last winter I got a big scoop of what they called “River mix” which was just a variety of sizes and different stuff. It was great. Diamond Lake is closer for me as well, but if I’m gonna use live bait I’ll make a point to head that way and launch at 494 or Lions.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I hit up that Ace pretty regular. Mike, are you saying the Kwik Trip in South Saint Paul has crawlers? Or a different one?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Most Kwik trips have crawlers. Usually in a small cooler by the front window. Only once got a bad pack of them. Almost always nice fat crawlers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.