Pool 2 9/10

• matt

Water temp was 67.2,higjer and more dirty from the rain.Not to much debris as I was able to troll still with very minimal fouling.The fish were shallow 4-7ft and close to the bank where I was.Caught around 20 walleyes 15-18″,and one that was around 22″ for the biggest,in less then a couple hours.Lost yet another big one boatside and missed/lost a few of course.All caught trolling upstream or downstream it didnt seem to matter.

Attachments:
    1. 20140910_185737.jpg

ssperch
    Hudson, WI

Way to go, Matte! Sounds like you have got that trolling bite going well for yourself. Was there a preference for one style crank over another? I remember reading that you have had better luck with the salmo hornets.

Looks like the water will ber dropping for this weekend… Hopefully they are still going come Sunday morning!

Tight Lines

Sam

matt

Thanks.I try and figure it out,doesnt allways happen just takes some time,all I got was sheepies for the first hour and a half,lol.I caught a couple on #4 hornets but was running a shallow running rapala stickbait,not sure what # but has 3trebles.4″maybe4 1/2″? seemed the fish were shallow,was fishin some windblown shoreline.Its nice to have two guys in the boat to experiment with differnt lures,takes a bit more time when fishin alone.

Drew Engelmeyer
    Lakeville, MN

Way to get them! With the lows in the 40’s for the next 5 days, the water temps should continue to come down and the wing dam bite should pick up. The Fall Hog Hall tourney should be really interesting!

-Drew

matt

Thanks.I was thinking about joining in on that hog tourny but I’ve only fished down that way one time last summer and my old outboard is on its last leg(tryin to limp it thru fall fishin)so I dont really wanta run a long ways.Therefore I’d have to find some new spots and areas to go to down that way.Not that I couldnt find any its just time consuming and if I join in a tourney I wanta be on some fish forsure.I will give it some more thought tho.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

In the contest or not Matte come join us for the day of fishing. There will be plenty of food and fish stories to go around at the pot luck to.

So who is fishing this weekend? Im hoping to be out for most of the day tomorrow. Maybe a good part of Sunday to.

Drew Engelmeyer
    Lakeville, MN

Thanks.I was thinking about joining in on that hog tourny but I’ve only fished down that way one time last summer and my old outboard is on its last leg(tryin to limp it thru fall fishin)so I dont really wanta run a long ways.Therefore I’d have to find some new spots and areas to go to down that way.Not that I couldnt find any its just time consuming and if I join in a tourney I wanta be on some fish forsure.I will give it some more thought tho.

The entry fee is only $20. Even if you didn’t fish at all, and just drove around watching how people were fishing it would be $20 worth spending. You could always put a post on the tourney board asking if someone has an open spot in their boat. There are several boats each year that are comprised of people fishing it together for the first time. Regardless, come join the potluck and meet other p2 fishermen!

-Drew

matt

I may have to do that.I must have jinxd myself.Got on the river today made 1 trolling pass upriver caught 4 walleyes,1sauger and a catfish turned around and the motor blew.Just glad I didnt go downriver..I was going to do that after I made one more pass,must have a little luck I guess.That was my 30 minutes of fishin.

Russ Spangler
    Saint Paul

In the contest or not Matte come join us for the day of fishing. There will be plenty of food and fish stories to go around at the pot luck to.

So who is fishing this weekend? Im hoping to be out for most of the day tomorrow. Maybe a good part of Sunday to.

The boy and I are out both days. So far, Sat 9/13 was nice, got a 19″ on a trolling run with a green shad-rap in about 7′ water, and picked up a huge white bass in 3′ on a purple/chartreuse paddletail along riprap. It leapt out of the water almost 2 feet in the air! We’ll be back tomorrow for more, hopefully the train doesn’t stall our start for 45 min like it did today. We’ll look for you, Mike, we’ll be in the blue and white 70s Glastron.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Not to bad of bite today. Spent most of the day pitching. Caught at least one fish on most spots. 26.5″ was the biggest and caught it on the 1st cast of the day. Picked up a pair of 24s on the next spot. Got into a nice flurry of action towards the end of the day pitching hair jigs and plastics. Crank baits and jig/crawlers worked better mid day.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.