Pool 2 – 6/13

• ssperch
    Hudson, WI

Hi All,

Finally made a trip out to Pool 2 this last weekend. I was happy to have an opportunity to fish it in some higher water! We got out shortly after 5am and anchored in a backwater cut and pitched 1/8th oz jigs tipped with crawlers. It only took about 2 minutes to hook into the first fish. My best guess would be a big flathead that we never got a chance to have a look at…

After a few more channels a couple waves of walleyes moved though including these mid 20’s fish. All in all a great morning on the water!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0025.jpg

2. IMG_0023.jpg

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Nice fish. Havent had much luck on crawlers yet this year. Got out for a while Saturday morning. Got more wet than anything but managed a few fish. Pitching plastics to back water points did all right for us.

Jake Hendrickson
    Inactive
    Madison, WI

ssperch,

We met in that back channel Saturday morning, grey SC with merc on the back.

We found a few fish in there as well.

Nice to see a fellow IDO’er on the river! wave

ssperch
    Hudson, WI

Nice to meet you as well, Jake! I’ll stop by and say hi if I see you out there again.

Did you guys find any fish outside of that area? We found a couple smaller eyes trolling the inside bend of the main channel in that general area, but nothing fast and furious.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Nice job, Sam! waytogo

-J.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Headed out to Pool 2 with the old man and a dude from NYC tonight out of 494. If you see a white/black/red Skeeter say hello….and point us to the fish!!!

ssperch
    Hudson, WI

Good luck, Dave! Based on the current water levels and trends, looks like the backwaters could be going. I need to try and get back out this weekend!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.