Pontoon

• hoytpower
    buffalo county, wi

Looking at getting a pontoon for the so were not tripping all over other. But i also like trolling walleye and jigging them early spring. Anybody do this out of a pontoon? Any tips on setup or features to help with this?

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Works great, I have a terrova on the front and thinking about switching to a ulterra, the rear is set up for trolling with holders. Hoping to convert it to a center console for a bit better organization but works great as it is.

Attachments:
    1. 20190803_093326.jpg

2. 20200512_184346.jpg

3. 20200512_184403.jpg

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

I was in p4 most all spring and a young couple in a very sweet toon were running Dubuque and fishing like that was the rig of today. I think a full wrap around and some heat and you would be styling like no other, maybe couple holes in the floor and jig in the hot spot would be awesome!! Maybe the SCRATCHER III?

tornadochaser

Every weekend we are at our cabin I fish walleyes off our pontoon. I didn’t want to clutter up the front end with a trolling motor as this boat is primarily for socializing, so to get down to bouncer/spinner speeds, I had to get creative. Used a drift sock for a few springs until I realized by accident one day that if the front sea leg is left slightly down, it creates sufficient drag to get boat speed down to .8-1.1 mph. it also keeps the boat tracking better and not so easily pushed in the wind. That being said, if I were buying a pontoon as a primary fishing boat, I would definitely get a different floor plan and a trolling motor. There’s plenty of guides on the missouri river that are running fully rigged pontoons and catching piles of walleyes off them.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

You can do anything out of a pontoon. Comfortably. Wind is the only big concern.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.