Pole barn/ag building

• castle-rock-clown

Hello guys and gals. I finally have my house of over 30 years sold and am building up in northern wisconsin. I’m having trouble getting off the ground with Northland Buildings and am in contact with Cleary Buildings. Has anyone had or have experience with Cleary Buildings??? Thanks.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Buddy of mine had issues getting Cleary getting started. He ended up going a different route. What the problem was I’m not sure.(It wasn’t a money issue) But one day it was to be a Cleary building and the next day was F’em, I’m done with them.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I’ve done 2 with Cleary from 2 different distributors. Last one was challenging mainly because they couldn’t get the parts. When the parts showed up they installed them in a timely manner. Corporate office is based in WI and sold through dealers, corporate doesn’t have much control over the dealer, like car dealers.

Jeremiah Miller

Had a 32/64′ built 3 years ago… Quality materials, but I had a very inexperienced crew show up to build. The foreman was knowledgeable, but his crew was absolutely horrible. Long story short, one wall wasn’t plumb, and had 18 roof leaks on the first roof they put on. After what was supposed to be a 2 week job, turning into a 7 month job because they would only order exactly what they needed and ended up cutting it wrong or installed it wrong, I was disappointed to say the least.
    I demanded a new crew and Foreman and they were awesome to fix everything. I had several references with a different Foreman and they were all very satisfied the first time around. Very good buildings it just depends on who you get to build them. Can’t say I would recommend them, do they have Amish in your area?

MX1825

Not a fan of Cleary. Might just be my area rep. Anybody want more info just PM me.

stevenoak

Been trying to build 16×46 garage addition on my house for 2 1/2 years. Finding anyone with skills that will answer the phone is frustrating. Took over 2 1/2 years to get a crew for 3 days to frame it up, and sheet it. Concrete guy was good, but I knew one of his guys. Ended up blowing off the builder, it was obvious he had bigger jobs he’d rather be working on. BTW I’ve known him for 40 years since he was a kid. Roof went quick but was with the whole house due to hail. But they forgot to order the skylight flashing and reused the one I told them leaked {I reminded them twice}. They reused the water heater flashing, that would be ok, but in their haste rotated it 180 so the tar and nail holes were exposed. Had them install a flashing for a new garage furnace, but they didn’t cut the hole in the sheeting. I had to do it from the attic with sawdust in my eyes {I’m 65 years old}. I’m worried the same company is supposed to do siding, windows, facia, soffit, gutters, patio and entrance door. Monday, I’m meeting with the owner of the company before the go any farther. What a nightmare. Anyone decent is years behind. If someone has time to do it, there is likely a reason. Neighbors’ son is a salesman/crew leaded for Cleary. Like mentioned, it’s all in who runs it. People I’ve talked to have been happy with him. They have had supply problems. Building in town sat last summer with 3 of 5 windows missing all summer. I would worry more about the franchisee, than the name on the building. If you are near an Amish community. Have heard they sometimes build pole barns. GOOD LUCK!!, you are going to need it.

buck-slayer

Just had one out up by Structural Buildings in Hudson. Very pleased with with. Solid build and good crew that built it. They delayed me a few times on a start date but I get it rains days and other factors. I woulgd use them again.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’d go to your local lumberyard that uses quality materials, develop a plan and materials list, and then have them hook you up with a qualified contractor from the area whose reputation is attached to their work.

These larger outfits that throw up pole buildings are very hit or miss. As someone said above, it’s the luck of the draw with what crew you get. Things are too expensive to take that risk in my opinion.

Rick Janssen

I sold Cleary buildings 16 years ago. I think the building material are super, but like has been stated it depends on the crew building. I am sure like every other profession right now it is hard to find a good construction crew. I was very lucky that when I sold the buildings for them my construction crew was VERY GOOD. I know I sold a few buildings just because at that time I had the best crew in the area. I have stayed in touch with my local office and I have been hearing the same ole story. Can’t find a good crew right now. Good luck, but Cleary has superior buildings.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.