Polaris Branded Boat and Outboard?

• toddrun

Any Polaris employees here with any insider information about new Polaris boats or outboards?

Heard lots of rumors about Polaris branded outboards, and with the buyout of many pontoon and boat companies, it made senses they would start putting Polaris branded outboards on those brand also.

But with the closing of the Larson, Rinker and Striper boat companies, I can’t help but think they are designing/building a Polaris branded boat, best features from each brand?! Very poor timing on closing those brands, with the huge hike in sales. I think they kind of missed the boat, so to say…….

KP
    Hudson, WI

I have friend that works for Polaris and they could lose their job if they let some news out.

toddrun

Rumor discussion only, not trying to get anyone fired. I am sure employees know their company rules.

Why so serious?!?!?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have friend that works for Polaris and they could lose their job if they let some news out.

This is very true. Especially to leak it on a internet forum.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Considering they shut-down 3 non-pontoon boat brands in 2020, what makes you think they are developing outboards for their pontoon lines? Seeing that their stock price is near a 5 year high, you trying to push it even higher?

HRG

munchy
    NULL

Will they have the incineration function factory installed or is that optional now?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Will they have the incineration function factory installed or is that optional now?

I think this comes stock on all polaris’s

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I would guess it’ll be an option. You just won’t know if you got the option or not. jester

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

wrong post

John Timm

They will definitely need to come with oars!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I would guess it’ll be an option. You just won’t know if you got the option or not.

Man, I hope I get that option as it’s kind of the highlight of Polaris ownership.

Well, along with searing hot air blowing out from under the cowling and onto the driver’s leg. Hopefully, Polaris can engineer a way to bring this signature engineering triumph over to the new boat/outboard line?

Serious question: Would anybody here buy a first model year, Gen 1 Polaris outboard?

Grouse

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Joe Jarl wrote:</div>
    I would guess it’ll be an option. You just won’t know if you got the option or not.

Man, I hope I get that option as it’s kind of the highlight of Polaris ownership.

Well, along with searing hot air blowing out from under the cowling and onto the driver’s leg. Hopefully, Polaris can engineer a way to bring this signature engineering triumph over to the new boat/outboard line?

Serious question: Would anybody here buy a first model year, Gen 1 Polaris outboard?

Grouse

I would…if and only if…the Polaris powered boat had a spot to mount my Marcum RT-9 for GPS and sonar.

queenswake
    NULL

That’s a good point that they would never make a boat if they didn’t also make an engine. I just can’t imagine them being OK with any other motor on one of their boats.

Seems to me like there is room for more boat lines with the current demand. I don’t think the existing boat builders are expanding capacity fast enough in order to keep up.

That said, what kind of boat would be smart to start making? I’ve often thought there is an opportunity for a more affordable fiberglass multi-species boat line. Kind of where Larson FX was at. But then again, it seems like most guys into fiberglass are more than willing to jump up to Skeeter, Ranger, etc and just tack a few more years onto the loan.

I can’t see Polaris making an outboard but maybe something new and different like that Evinrude Ghost thing. Or an electric.

big_g
    Isle, MN

think Bayliner Capri.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Larson went under? The new tillers out there are bad to the bone

toddrun

Larson didn’t go under, they were bought out by Polaris, then Polaris shut them down early last year. That’s why my original post. I think Polaris has plans to have a boat branded with their name on it, with their branded outboard. Been rumors they wanted to get into the outboard business for a while, so makes sense to me.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

That’s a good point that they would never make a boat if they didn’t also make an engine. I just can’t imagine them being OK with any other motor on one of their boats.

Seems to me like there is room for more boat lines with the current demand. I don’t think the existing boat builders are expanding capacity fast enough in order to keep up.

That said, what kind of boat would be smart to start making? I’ve often thought there is an opportunity for a more affordable fiberglass multi-species boat line. Kind of where Larson FX was at. But then again, it seems like most guys into fiberglass are more than willing to jump up to Skeeter, Ranger, etc and just tack a few more years onto the loan.

I can’t see Polaris making an outboard but maybe something new and different like that Evinrude Ghost thing. Or an electric.

I bought a warrior last year. For the price of a new Larson (when they still existed) was comparable to a couple year old warrior. I know in 5 years what my warrior will be worth! The thing you give up with a cheaper glass boat is the resale value. And when I’m 20 miles out on a lake and the wind picks up and I’m plowing through 4 footers in the ride back… Well I’m just happy I went with the best boat, not the cheapest one 😉 to each their own though.

munchy
    NULL

Just remembered that Polaris made(branded?) jet boats back in the early 2000s. So it wouldn’t be an all too crazy step for them.

Attachments:
    1. fPolaris_ex2100__12000_Bristol_TN_5aa04883655ee.jpg

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.