plan of action

• goosehunter

with the one deer limit this year,are any of you gonna shoot a doe or hold out for a buck?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

We will certainly not be shooting any does. Our section has too few deer to begin with after the DNR’s mismanagement of both deer and wolves. So shooting the breeding stock is a no-no, we need all the does we have and more.

It’s big buck or bust this year.

Grouse

deertracker

If I do shoot a doe it will be sometime in December with my bow. My kids will have the option to shoot a doe if they want so I won’t do it up north with a rifle. Both boys still need their first buck so they will probably wait until last light of the last day to shoot a doe. We give our young hunters a pass with their first buck size wise.
    DT

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m not sure what we have for inventory on the land I hunt so I’m in a wait and see mode. I figure I can always jump in the tree and run a camera if I decide to whack a doe early in the year. I have the first two weekends in Mn, then the next two in SD(3 tags).

I hate early season processing so I’ll be hard pressed to pull the trigger unless something extraordinary happens between now and Saturday afternoon.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I can get unlimited does at home in the metro so I will take a couple there with the bow and maybe one with the new pistol. As for the farm where it is one deer limit I am waiting for Big John. If it gets down to the last days of December and Big John hasn’t shown I may take a doe at the farm with the bow.

It’s a little unfortunate, from our browse pressure and camera inventory at the farm I really feel we have too many deer on the property. I would like to be able to do some doe mgmt up there, but not with a one deer limit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.