Pivot Hitch

• icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

How much length does the Pivot Hitch add to a Lodge when it’s in the folded over storage position? Getting the Lodge to fit in the back of my 2007 Ram box is tight and I’m not sure it will fit with the Pivot Hitch attached, which would eliminate what it’s designed for if I have to remove it.

Right now I have a 4X8 trailer for hauling my wheeler and put the lodge in the back of my truck. Maybe I should reverse them and put the wheeler in the truck and the lodge in the trailer? I have folding front and rear gates on the trailer, I could drive through the trailer and drop the Lodge and continue up ramps into the bed of the truck. No need to disconnect the trailer.

Steve Thompson
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota

icenutz, I can double check mine when I get home, but I believe when I measured it in the past is was something like 5″.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

I might say even less, as it bumps right up against the front of the sled so it should really only be the width of the tubing which is around an inch.

Joel

Steve Thompson
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota

That’s also a good point. I measured mine while it was at rest, but I supposed if you push it all the way up against the tub it would be around an 1″.

I know on my truck I measure exactly 76″ and I’m smashed front to back, so the pivot on a Lodge has to be taken off. I moved to a Cabin to make sure I fit in the box without taking anything apart.

Curtis Shumaker

When using this did you feel like it was worth it? Just picked one up and hoping they are nice. Seem nice if you are loading the shack multiple times in a day.

Captainpaddlefoot
    Green Bay

I will be loading mine, with the hitch pivot into my truck later today.
    I will let you know.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0109.jpg

Randy Rowell
    Rockland Wi

I have a F-150 with 6.5 ft box and it is hard to shut the tailgate with pivot hitch installed.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Thanks guys, I think I’m going to end up putting the wheeler on the truck and the lodge in the trailer.

I can drop the front gate of the trailer, run the ramps from inside the trailer onto the back of the truck and just drive right through the trailer and drop the lodge off in the trailer.

I wish the trailer was big enough for both.

brandon stanton

Joel is right, only the width of the tubing when folded up.

Attachments:
    1. DSCF1778.jpg

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.