Pierz Gold Miners

• walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Did anyone catch what the boys from Pierz did on Bearing Sea Gold last night? I get that it’s a dumb show but 2.5Million in 5 weeks of running is pretty impressive. Especially compared to the 12 men crews on Gold Rush.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

I saw too, makes you wonder if his ground is just that much better, if he is doing something way better than the other guys, or if it was fudged for tv effect.

big_g
    Isle, MN

By god I’m going in-land mining !!!!! smash peace woot toast bow

MNdrifter

Ha! I’m watching it on DVR rite now. Impressive for sure. But when it comes to brains and work ethics, they don’t have much competition from other crews on the show.

Boss
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

Who’s from Pierz? I thought the Christine Rose family is from Pequot Lakes. Other locals on there too?

CaptainMusky

The Pomrenke family is from the Royalton/Pierz area. Where they “claim” home now I don’t know for sure. I passed the old man on Hwy 10 last Spring by Oak Hill golf course South of Rice.
    Driving a beat up Chevy Silverado.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I’d like to find out where the Fighting Kelly’s are from… And make sure never to go there. -) Talk about a train wreck.

Charles

No crap that is where they are from!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Pomrenke grew up five miles north of Pierz. He worked as a diesel mechanic in St. Cloud for a few years, followed by some time in the Twin Cities.

He had married and had two sons, Shawn and Erick. Soon after, he built a mechanic shop north of Pierz (now Gerry’s Truck and Tractor).

A few years later he got a truck and was an over-the-road trucker for some years. But a truck strike in February 1986 changed things.

“In May 1986, Marv Brisk from Harding came looking for me,” Pomrenke said. “He knew I was a mechanic and he needed me in Nome. He had bought a bankrupt construction company and he told me he had ‘110 pieces of equipment but only one that worked.’”

Pomrenke went to Nome to see what he’d gotten himself into. “It was a ‘hunting camp’ town with shacks everywhere,” he said. “But I haven’t seen a Minnesota summer since.”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.