Pickerel & Enemy swim lakes?

• Tommyboy

My son and myself are heading there next weekend,not looking for spots,just tip’s and pointers on how to fish these lakes. Never had fished this area before and I fish the miss.95% of the time.thanks in advance.

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

The bluegill bite was good on enemy a few weeks ago and I doubt that has changed. I generally target weedlines on steep drops and deeper rocks. The crappies should be moving up onto the steep drops on pickerel. I would maybe pull some small cranks around on three-way rigs to search out the crappies. I have never done it but plan to this fall at some point. You will probably run into some walleyes doing that too.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Enemy has some nice fish in it right now! Super tanker sunfish and crappies.
    I’ve only ice fished it one weekend last spring. FOund a steep break next to deep water. Over filled a bucket in less than an hour using 2-3″ plastics on tungsten jigs! A lake i want to visit again this winter!

Tommyboy

thx guys..can’t wait

Quintin Biermann

Steep breaks on pickeral in relation to the midlake points especially now end of september have always been good fish seem to be related to bottom in 12-14 of water and suspended the deeper you go but slow rolling small cranks of drifting with bobbers and you should run into some nice size crappies out there. – QB

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I am planning on heading out there Saturday morning with my dad, hoping to get out on waubay, maybe enemy swim or somewhere else if it is a bit breezy, I will let you know if I find anything. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to try with a stiff south breeze?

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

I would try casting the north end if you can find windblown points or trees. The walleyes should be up in there feeding with the water cooling down and frogs moving to the water.

Tommyboy

quick report, fished pickerel the whole time,friday eve. 6-7 fish all short,saturday,windy,2 fish short, woke up sunday and it was blowing! packed up went home…water was66 degrees..nice lake and area but fishing very slow..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.