Perch Tackle

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Thought this would be the best place for my inquiry. I have my eye on some big perch up north but its on a flowage in 5 feet of water so more applicable to you Mississippi perch haulers. There arent a lot but I have had limited success dragging around small jigs and plastic over the last few years. 1/16 oz jigs with various Kalins Crappie Scrubs. Sometimes a hunk of crawler works better. Especially if a slower presentation and with bobbers. I practice with smaller ones at the dock where I can see them and worms work every time but plastics arent far behind. What are you guys doing for summer perch? I would like to try any method that may prove to be the best this weekend. My methods are All wind dependent. Last Sunday with the wind howling I pulled out two hogs back to back with a Scrub by pulling it high speed with the wind. Planning to target that area this weekend with whatever works.

catmando
    wis

Perch belly with the silver still on the skin and a 1/8 oz silver Swedish Pimple! vertical jig on a pole of at least 10 ft. DK.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Have you tried small lipless crank baits? A couple of weeks ago they nailed the Salmo Zipper. Tom Boley has some great videos on this tactic.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I can try both of those tactics. Thanks.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Slender Spoon with minnow head did it! Also small jig with partial crawler. Eating perch baby!!!!! waytogo

Also caught a couple bonus crappie.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20210730_095632995_HDR-scaled.jpg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.