Perch, Bluegill, and a Pike

• Tyler Thimsen

Went out and caught a handful of perch, a couple bluegill (one being huge), and a pike!
    Slept in and pulled up to the lake mid morning…Beautiful day out with a bright sun, although fairly windy. Swedish pimple green and loud patterned tungsten jigs did the trick with mealies/waxies. Kept the bluegill and perch for a catch and cook…Cheyenne had never caught or eaten perch before; needless to say she loved it! Who would hate perch tacos😀?? The pike was also caught by her, which was also a first!! Great times out on the ice and even better times eating the food🤤🤤

Hope you guys enjoy the pics and the video if you have time!!

Attachments:
    1. SnapShot12.jpg

2. SnapShot11.jpg

3. SnapShot10.jpg

4. SnapShot9.jpg

5. SnapShot8.jpg

6. SnapShot7.jpg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Why didn’t you keep the pike? They’re the one species that really does need to be harvested.

Tyler Thimsen

Why didn’t you keep the pike? They’re the one species that really does need to be harvested.

This lake has an enormous stunted perch problem, they help with eating the little ones. Pike are delicious, used to eat them all the time when I lived in Minnesota

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

This lake has an enormous stunted perch problem, they help with eating the little ones. Pike are delicious, used to eat them all the time when I lived in Minnesota

Well that’s interesting. Here in Minnesota there is a stunted pike problem!

Tyler Thimsen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tyler Thimsen wrote:</div>
    This lake has an enormous stunted perch problem, they help with eating the little ones. <em class=”ido-tag-em”>Pike are delicious, used to eat them all the time when I lived in Minnesota

Well that’s interesting. Here in Minnesota there is a stunted pike problem!

My uncles have told me about a few lakes like that up there…Ya this lake in the video, there have been Tens of thousands of stunted perch removed over the years from CPW and fisherman, we’ve barely put a dent in it lol

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.