Perch

• Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Anyone using the resort roads to find perch? What depths are the sizable fish being found in?

I’m thinking of trying this week. It would be fun to get into a school. I had decent luck with spikes on 1/16oz chartreuse spoons this winter on Indian Point, Garrison Reef, and the north end break.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Appledorns has a deal on FB they will take a group out for the cost of a road pass and as a group fish a area that they have been getting fish.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Appledorns has a deal on FB they will take a group out for the cost of a road pass and as a group fish a area that they have been getting fish.

I saw that on FB too and it even included the guide at no extra cost.

Unfortunately that is not happening. From a more recent Appeldoorn’s post February 28…

“All of our houses are now either on the landing or tucked away in storage. Having said that, it looks like we are going to get some more snow….Sooo…we will be maintaining our roads thru this weekend for Our Registered guests only!!!! After that it will no longer make sense to try to maintain any roads with the current snow and ice conditions. We had hoped to hang on for a couple of weeks but that is not going to happen.”

Bass Thumb, maybe call around but most of what I’ve been hearing/seeing is about all resorts are no longer plowing/maintaining roads. Chapman’s and Lyback’s still are until this weekend depending on the expected snow. If that happens, they will be done too. sad

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I kind figured the resorts would stop plowing after the houses were removed. Unless it snows a ton, which it may, the roads should stay in decent shape. I’d use my pass and head out from Garrison Sports to Garrison Reef.

Oldstar

What perch? have you seen a pic of more than 2 together all winter????

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Nope!! No perch out there. whistling

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

No, I didn’t take any pics of them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.