PB shad lol

• Sam
    St.Francis

Got my PB shad at the Anderson Windows bay, there are thousands of them schooled up. Also got plenty of bait for some st Patty’s day sturgeon!!

Attachments:
    1. KIMG0059.jpg

Alagnak Pete
    Lakeville

Oh yeah, where are you hitting the sturgeon at on St. Patty’s day?

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Well it’s illegal to take Shad from the river and illegal to fish for Sturgeon there right now, so I think we know the answer. LOL

Alagnak Pete
    Lakeville

When you’re going to brag about your shad snagging prowess, make sure your plans on what you are doing with them are legal ;-)

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

He was just testing you guys whistling

Sam
    St.Francis

Sorry “channel catfish bait”

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

How’s the Mooneye’s biting there?

404 ERROR
    MN

it’s illegal to take Shad from the river and illegal to fish for Sturgeon there right now

This. St. Croix is an “infested water”.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Well, it’s perfectly legal to use Shad for bait on the Croix as long as they are taken by legal methods. Snagging is not one of them. Cast Nets are the best method, but you need a Cast Net permit and AIS training and Cast Net season is Dec 1 – July 1 Also you cannot transport them off the river.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Very nice personal best shad there Sam. There are (much) larger ones out there. Glad you released it so our kids and grand kids will have a chance to catch it. ;)

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Also you cannot transport them off the river.

And that is the beauty of the “Shad Shore Lunch”. Early morning on the river bank…shad roe and egg! And who wouldn’t delight in shad, pineapple, and onion snacking while waiting for the next bite!

Attachments:
    1. shad1.jpg

2. shadroe.jpg

saugeye-steve

And that is the beauty of the “Shad Shore Lunch”. Early morning on the river bank…shad roe and egg! And who wouldn’t delight in shad, pineapple, and onion snacking while waiting for the next bite!

What is that gross looking thing to the right of the egg?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Donkey dong

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Walleyestudent Andy Cox wrote:</div>

What is that gross looking thing to the right of the egg?

That’s the shad roe…you know the egg sac! Don’t say you’ve never had before, you live under a rock? jester

Not recommended for children though…

Attachments:
    1. 200_s.gif

Sam
    St.Francis

Actually it was completely an accidental “snag” as you can see I was actually trying to catch white bass

saugeye-steve

That’s the shad roe…you know the egg sac! Don’t say you’ve never had before, you live under a rock?

I will drive through the drive-threw and grab a Double quarter pounder before I eat something that looks like a two pound maggot-Thank you

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Now see what you started Sam!? The shad roe market will do the same thing to shad as it did to the sturgeon!

crazy

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Walleyestudent Andy Cox wrote:</div>
    That’s the shad roe…you know the egg sac! Don’t say you’ve never had before, you live under a rock?

I will drive through the drive-threw and grab a Double quarter pounder before I eat something that looks like a two pound maggot-Thank you

A double quarter pounder? Wouldn’t that be just a half pounder? Or would a half pounder be a double quarter pounder? And of what?
    Now back to the shad roe…in the picture from my previous post, is that having eggs with an egg?, or having an egg with eggs? See the difference?
    wink

Sam
    St.Francis

Now see what you started Sam!? The shad roe market will do the same thing to shad as it did to the sturgeon!

crazy

Damn! Never thought of that!!!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Actually it was completely an accidental “snag” as you can see I was actually trying to catch white bass

Next accidental snag make sure to remove the lure and put it in the mouth of the fish to avoid the forum police

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Sam wrote:</div>

Next accidental snag make sure to remove the lure and put it in the mouth of the fish to avoid the forum police

NO KIDDING, holy crap the natives are restless:???:

Congrats on the PB shad

404 ERROR
    MN

Came out of the caves in full force. devil

Attachments:
    1. Natives.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I get pissy when I haven’t been fishing for over 2 weeks.
    Motrin just doesn’t do it for me any more.

Alagnak Pete
    Lakeville

Good thing for this guy it wasn’t a WALLEYE WALLEYE WALLEYE that he illegally snagged, illegally left the water with, and illegally used as bait for a fish in closed season there would be guys on here calling tip and wanting to hang him.

Sam
    St.Francis

Forgot my other “snag” of the day a pretty little brookie on a little popper fly (actually caught three of them)

Attachments:
    1. KIMG0062.jpg

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

All these posts and we still don’t know how big the shad is????

Sam
    St.Francis

16 inches

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.