Password Reset – Please help!

• Gerty

I could not get logged into my account. I could not remember my password. I asked for a password reset email to be sent to me several times over the last 3-4 months. I have never received the reset email. And it did not get sent to my junk email, I checked every time I made my request. I finally logged in through my Google account. Still can’t reset my password because I can’t remember my old password and sending me a password reset email still does not work.

Could I get some help please?

Sharon
    SE Metro

You must be logged in now since you can post. From here you can click My Account, and then the link to “edit your password and account details”.

Riverrat

Sometimes I just have to threaten to change my password and refresh and I’m logged back in again.

Gerty

You must be logged in now since you can post. From here you can click My Account, and then the link to “edit your password and account details”.

Sharon – I am logged in through my Google account. However, in order to change my password for my IDO account, I need to know my old password…which I do not. So it tells me to ask for a password reset email, which I never receive.

Gerty

Sometimes I just have to threaten to change my password and refresh and I’m logged back in again.

Riverrat – I have had that same thing happen in the past. No luck this time!

Sharon
    SE Metro

So you don’t see this option to change your password?

Attachments:
    1. screenshot.jpg

Gerty

Yes Sharon I do. However, when I go into the spot where it lets me change my password, I need to know my old password in order to change it. Since I do not know it, They ask me for my email address to send me an email that will let me reset my password without knowing my current password. However, when I do this, the email never shows up.

Maybe I am not understanding your questions, but it seems pretty straight forward to me when I go into that area to try and change it.

I appreciate you trying to help me!

Sharon
    SE Metro

Oh gotcha, so it must require your old password to be entered before you can change it. Did you double check to make sure your email address doesn’t have a typo? Maybe also try a different email address? Other than that I’m not sure what else you can do besides just logging in via Google like you are now.

Gerty

Sharon – correct! We are finally on the same page! woot Email address is correct and I really do not want to use my work address. I was hoping someone in charge of this site might chime in.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Comcast and a few other IP’s block the Ido emails. (which I don’t understand).

Send your username to [email protected] and ask for a password reset.

Gerty

Thanks BK. I will give it a try.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Yeah, Hotmail is another one that blocks our emails.
    I added your username. You should hear back soon.

Gerty

Thanks, all is good! I appreciate the help!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.