Passenger Seat for ATV

• Bigwalleye30
    MN

I’m looking for suggestions on what people have used as a passenger seat for the back of a standard ATV for carrying a second adult. Would be used strictly for a week long ice fishing trip up to Winnipeg. Basically needing someone for the comfort factor and for some storage. Been looking at some online but they all seem very big and not sure they would work well for me. Anyone have any experience using anything like that and have suggestions? Thanks!

404 ERROR
    MN

The Kolpin Legacy storage box is what I’ve used and it’s great.

munchy
    NULL

Just remember, the aftermarket seats are not “made for passenger use”, so bolt them down properly with plenty of U-bolts, fender washers, and lock nuts.

Also I’ve heard Manitoba is pretty strict on their ATV laws. May want to double check if you can even ride 2-up on a single person ATV. Make sure you both have helmets as they are required up there.

With that said I’ve used one on my machine and it worked okay, I’ll have to check what brand mine is.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

May want to double check if you can even ride 2-up on a single person ATV.

We have that issue here in Iowa as well. I’m not totally convinced adding an aftermarket seat satisfies the legal requirements. (although I wish it did)

Bigwalleye30
    MN

I understand they are “not made for passengers” but they say that for liability concerns. Just looking for what works not what the laws are.

Bigwalleye30
    MN

icenutz, any idea if a vexilar ultra pack would fit in those side compartments? That would be ideal.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Not sure I know a helmet will fit. There is also this one that might be larger and has heated grips, I found 89L and 92L which I think is for Liters of storage.

https://www.denniskirk.com/kimpex/92l-outback-trunk-w-heated-grips-358483.p5001121.prd/5001121.sku

Kimpex makes a bunch of different models, I would call them and give them the dimensions of what you want to store

https://www.kimpex.com/en-us/products/atv/trunks-and-boxes/trunks?page=1

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.