Park Rapids Area

• leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Going to head up to this area on the 8th to try some ice fishing. I’ve fished some lakes a little North like Winnie, Cut Foot, Upper Red but none around Park Rapids. Looking for any help on which lakes would be good to start with and how thick the ice is in this general area. Will be checking local bait stores for advice also. If any other folks are going to be or are locals up there and want to meet up on a lake or after for a beverage let me know. Thanks.

leinieman

Thought I would bump back to top. Any favorite bait stores in Park Rapids area? Any local ice thickness reports.
    Thanks

mnfisherman18

Northern Bait and Delany’s are both good bait shops. The most popular winter lakes are probably Potato and Fish hook – both offer solid opportunities for walleyes & northerns. There was over a foot of ice on most lakes last weekend.

leinieman

Thanks for the reply. Plan on staying up that way for at least a week so will hit Potato and others and will post what I learn. I will probably hit Winnie and Upper Red while I’m up that way. Thanks again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.