Pants for hot weather

• Erik Swenson

I have a couple of pairs of Alaskan Hardgear Gravel Bar pants that I really like.

Lightweight polyester and some rayon for stretch. Breathe pretty well and dry quickly.

There are other versions out there in many brands too.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m a big fan of the convertible pants by Columbia. They dry quick if they get wet. Provide great protection from the sun and allow you to quickly zip off the legs if you prefer shorts. I find I stay cooler in hot weather wearing these as pants than I do as shorts. It sounds strange but I don’t sweat near as bad if the sun is not direct on my skin.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Go to an REI…their house brand pants are good. They also have the Columbia ones mentioned above that are good. Patagonia makes a good set as does Kuhl.

They all fit different so go try them on.

Agree….I wear pants and long sleeves in the sun usually on the boat. The right gear and you are just as cool as shorts a t shirt.

MX1825

I like Duluth’s “Dry on the Fly” pants. Stretchy and I can get them long enough that half my shin isn’t showing when I sit in the boat.
    Has lots of pockets also.

HMoshier

Ditto on Duluth. Catching them when they are running their frequent sales. Plenty of pockets, comfortable and the ones i have are convertible. Nice option.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Thanks everyone!

I’m cheap. I go to Walmart and check their clearance rack for polyester dress pants. Light weight, dry quick, look decent and can’t beat the price. Pack smaller than cotton jeans and are great for BWCA trips. Bonus is, the fish don’t care where you bought your pants or how much you spent.

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Sorry, just couldn’t resist………..

Attachments:
    1. pants.jpg

ScottSchreiber
    NULL

I looked, but couldn’t find those in my size lol

Andrew Meyer

Kryptek has a new line called Sonora and is their ultra lightweight stuff. Do not own them, but have a lot of Kryptek gear and it is good quality.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.