Panoptix open water mount

• norge

I have the Panoptix ice bundle and would like to mount that on my boat for open water use. The PS22 transducer is what I have. Any links to a trolling motor mount anyone knows of or an alternative that someone has come up with?
    Let me know please.
    Thanks,
    Lloyd Gilbertson

Matthew Sandys

It shows you can. Don’t know how but this is how it looks.

Attachments:
    1. Screen-Shot-2018-05-29-at-3.01.15-PM.png

404 ERROR
    MN

The mount that comes with the ice bundle will bolt right up to the shaft on the trolling motor, like in Matthews picture.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

I have mine mounted to the side of the trolling motor, as shown in the picture. Still learning how to interpret the signal but it will be awesome when I do.

Henpecked

I had my PS 21 mounted on the side of the motor with the mount that came with both the 21 and 22. I bought the PS 22 separate so not sure if your ice package came with the trolling motor mount. Hose clamp with the pole mount. Since I wanted the 22 for down view and reading side to side I built a separate mount off my console with a RAM mount and some PVC.

red bricks
    Mpls, MN

I used this set up and it works really well. Easy to rotate and switch to down view mode. Its basically an old Motor Guide shaft placed inside some PVC and shoved into a rod holder. Pops in and out of the rod holder mount that is mounted by the drivers seat. I searched high and low for the right mount for me and I just happened to have all the stuff in my garage. Only thing I had to buy was a small plumbing piece on the bottom that seats the bottom of the trolling motor shaft so it does not wobble inside the PVC.

Attachments:
    1. Pan-2.jpg

2. Pan-1.jpg

norge

Thanks very much for the guidance gentlemen. How are you able to get your bow mount trolling motor into a secure position with the mount as shown?

norge

I tried mounting the panoptix on the bow mount shaft as shown in the pic earlier in this thread. I was unable to bring the motor up to a secure position with it located there.

Henpecked

This is the one I use.

Attachments:
    1. 010-12407-00_1.jpg

404 ERROR
    MN

Yup, use the mount in the picture and run the worm drive clamp through the mount and around the motor itself. I will see if I can get a picture of my brothers.

404 ERROR
    MN

Here you go. Not his, but it’s mounted the same.

Attachments:
    1. 288uyc7.png

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.