Panoptix is just too good — Panoptix outlawed in January 2019 tournement!!!

• Gunflint Trail

This Nebraska ice fishing tournament outlawed Panoptix!

For the record, they also outlawed AquaVu.

Attachments:
    1. Edit.png

Charles

Matter of time this will be a common thing.

mojogunter

I doubt this is a trend. Panoptix doesn’t make the fish bite. It is just a tool to find fish. I would guess it is someone with pull whined about it because they don’t have it.

404 ERROR
    MN

They banned panoptics, doesn’t say anything about Panoptix… jester

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Panoptix is pretty incredible. Also, the panfish league I fish in during winters (MN MADE PANFISH LEAGUE) has banned panoptixs use during tourney day, and I believe most panfish leagues are following suit.

At first I hated the idea of banning it, I mean we allow everything (flashers, cameras, wheelers/sleds) else why not this. It was also banned after a tourney last year on clearwater where all the top 4 teams had panoptix and they won by a LANDSLIDE. It shines by far the best on suspended crappies. Anything in weeds or on bottom for the most part stays hidden from panoptix. After fishing with it this weekend I have to say yes, the only thing it doesn’t do is make the fish bite. Until it comes down in price and is more affordable you can’t just let the rich dudes dominate the pan fish circuits IMO.

We followed a school of crappies around a basin with 3 guys and it was amazing. One guy working the panoptix and yelling commands, two fishing and drilling, and moving with fish. Whats amazing is you can see exactly where the school is, where they are moving too, and also for the most part you can pick out the schools that have larger fish.

wormdunker

So I will just stay out ahead of the guys with Panopitx. OR follow them….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.