Panoptix For Walleye Fishing

• Danny Thompson
    Minnesota

I had the opportunity to fish the Leech Lake AIM on Sunday and although I did not do amazing we had a good day finishing in 9th place. I do know that we owe much of the success that day and during our pre fishing to the transom mount Panoptix. We were able to not only watch fish charging it to hit our baits but also see which side of the boat the fish were on and position our baits so they would be right in their strike zone. I took a couple of screen shots.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0110.png

2. IMG_0109.png

Jeff Iverson

Danny,

Nice screen shots. I keep playing with the new units and have been impressed the image quality with each of the transducers. The target separation even when you have fish hugging the bottom is amazing. We were actually calling bites pulling spinners on the Flats on Mille Lacs on Saturday. I’m still working to fine tune the use of Panoptix but I know the more I use it the better it will get. In about 4 hours in the afternoon we caught 30 fish running from 12″ – 25.5′. The average fish was 17-18″ so it was great afternoon of fishing.

PS. I like the way you have your screen configured, I’ll have to set that up. I like that you can actually see which side of the boat the active fish (off the bottom) is on.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.